29th piece: Broken Chord

Who You Are by Blackbear ft. Prie can be played in the link above.

Dedicated to all mothers out there.

Silence is the fabric upon which the notes are woven.

~ Lawrence Duncan

Caralei

While the men were gone, I spent the rest of the hour chatting with Percyla who was blooming and glowing with happiness. She's going to be a mother and I'm going to be a godmother! I can't wait for Em and Matt to hear about this.

"I heard that you will be the next boss of your father's company. How did your father change your mind about it?" Percyla smiled with a twinkle in her eyes. She knew about me. My best friends know that I don't want to handle a really big responsibility and I always run away whenever Dad wanted to talk to me about it when we were in college.

"Well, it's time, isn't it? Besides, no one will inherit it except me so I have to take it. It's what is left from my Mom." I replied and Percyla nodded in understanding, a sweet smile on her face. She was always the understanding and sweet one in our group.

"I'm very proud of you, Cara." She said.

"Thank you. I'm very nervous about this even though I'm still not the official owner of the company. Dad said he will introduce me to his friends later..." I trailed off as anxiety attacked me again. Percyla chuckled before she slipped her arm around my arm pulling me to where various drinks where waiting on a table covered in white linen tablecloth with its edges in gold flecks.

"Come on, relax Caralei. It's not the end of the world when you takeover. You will be fine. You are a smart woman, don't forget that. Here, let's have a drink." She offered grabbing a bottle of champagne.

"You're pregnant, Per." She gave me a big smile as she grabbed a glass.

"You need wine and I'll have my fruit juice." Oh. She poured me a glass and gave it to me. I smiled in appreciation as I took it from her. A man came rushing towards us with a fruit juice in his hands. He quickly gave it to Percyla and she thanked him. The man retreated back as quickly as the way he went towards us.

"Your mom and dad know about this?"

"Yes. I thought I was sick yesterday then mom..." She blushed taking a drink. She was containing a smile on her face.

"What?"

"Mom became suspicious and she- she bought pregnancy tests."

"Oh my God! Really?!" I burst out laughing then I covered my mouth with my hand to muffle it.

"Yes. Gio was worried I was sick and when he saw what Mom has bought, he became so nervous that he was so impatient knowing the result."

"I guess he was over the moon about it." She smiled her eyes shining as her face soften, remembering that special moment.

"Tell me about it. He was jumping and smiling so wide when he knew that we're going to be parents. If you could only see his face and my parents' reaction to it." She was smiling ear- to- ear, her eyes soft and warm. I chuckled. I really can imagine her husband's joy and her parents' happiness about the news; Gio jumping up and down with so much joy in his eyes with the biggest smile before showing his affection to Per and her parents thanking God for the blessing.

"I can imagine the happiness you all have. Congratulations again, Percyla. If you need anything, tell me, okay? You need extra care now that you are carrying life with you."