74th piece: Rest

Stay by ZEDD & Alessia Cara is the song for this chapter. Enjoy!

All you have to do is wait a second

Your hands on mine

The clock is ticking, so stay

~ ZEDD & Alessia Cara

Montessoro

I was fiddling with my headphones waiting for my turn to play for the crowd. I have finally released the song Bloodshed dedicated to Caralei. I missed her a lot. She wanted space and that's what I was giving her but I didn't want to lose her either so I kept in touch. We have not seen each other for weeks and the urge to barge inside her office grew bigger every day. I wanted to pull her in my arms and tell her that whatever she had experienced, I will never leave. Damn it but I can't leave her. I want to be with her. I need her. Not seeing her was a huge sacrifice for I live to see her. I haven't felt this to anyone I have gone out before. I have done everything I knew I could think of to show how much I care for her. The song that was inspired by her was now top 1 in the billboard and I have so many interviews and shows coming up. I still don't speak on shows and I carry an iPad with me to communicate to people. People kept on pushing me to speak and fans even tried to track me down or have me followed but I would switch cars or have someone dressed us Mech so I can get away. I have my men looking out for her just in case something bad happens for I sensed that she got in danger before. I have hired someone to give her flowers everyday and I would talk to the florist what kind of flower she would have. I have written what I felt in notes and the florist would tuck them in the bouquets. I hoped she liked them. I wanted her to see and feel what I feel for her. Whenever I had free time, I would fly back to Italy and check up on her. I would stand in front of her building looking up on the floor where she could be working. What was she doing? She had been in the headlines because she owns her father's company now but she acted like a hermit. She never went out and was rarely seen in events. She was busy working with her new environment. Every time I call her, she would say she was busy or sometimes, she was out of reach. Then, I will get informed that she went out of the country for her business meetings. I was worried that she was avoiding me. I knew that her staying away from me was related to that fucking Tom. I began to dig into that issue but I always end up at a dead end. Whoever Tom was, he messed her up. Whatever happened before, they buried everything so deep it's very hard to dig in.

"Get ready, Mech." The event's staff said and I nodded at him. I put on my headphones and my team walked with me towards the stage. We quickly set up my equipment and I started giving what I wanted and I expressed myself through music. When I was done, I quickly bade good bye to the manager and to the other DJs hanging out and went to the airport where my jet was waiting. Of course I was careful not to reveal my identity as Mech to the world so that took me time. I'm going to see her. I told myself that. I have seen a photo of her taken from one of my men and I noticed that she had lost weight. Was she sick? I have texted Percyla and Em asking if Cara has been talking to them lately but they told me she didn't. I talked to them about what had happened and it was obvious how worried they were. They tried reaching out to her and she wouldn't pick up. I spoke to my florist to prepare ten bouquets of fresh white roses. I told Edmond that he's going to bring my car and I will drive it so when I arrived the Italian airport, there were two cars waiting for me. Edmond tossed the car keys towards me and I caught it.

"Thanks!"

"Where are you going, sir? E House again?" He asked and I nodded. He smiled.

"You're not giving up? I have not seen you two together lately. Is she talking to you?" He asked and sadness gripped my chest tight. Barely.