25th piece: Mezzo Soprano

Looking at Marshmello puts a smile on my face. Maybe it's because of his mask, his cute actions or his music. Anyway, Alone by Marshmello is the song for this chapter. Please play it. It's for Gabriel Montessoro. ;)

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.

~ Confucius

Caralei

It was Monday and fortunately, the nightmares haven't attacked me yet. I was now in my office finishing everything up for the launch on Wednesday when Cheorgette walked into the room. I stopped from typing and looked at her. She was wearing a gray pencil skirt paired with a sleeveless light pink top. She wore beige pumps today.

"Ma'am, your father wants you to go to the main building and meet him." She informed me as she swiped on her tablet.

"Right now?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes. Right now."

"Did Dad tell you anything about this?"

"No ma'am. He just called for you." I sighed. Maybe, it's an emergency meeting.

"Okay. I'll just save this and I'll go."

"Should I call for a driver or you'll take your own car, ma'am?"

"I'll drive. Thank you, Cheor." I smiled at her and she returned it with a big smile on her face.

"Okay ma'am. Just call me if you need anything in the office when you're there." She said before she went out of the office.

"I thought he will be busy arranging some things today." I muttered to myself as I saved the documents before shutting my laptop down. I put it inside my gray laptop bag together with my wallet and phone. I grabbed my car keys before I went out.

"Is everything okay, Dad?" I asked him the moment I entered his office. The room was spacious and decorated with rich wood in a modern themed office. Large windows behind where he was sitting were located providing a nice view of the city. You can see at the center of his office his swivel leather chair, a polished wooden table and two cushioned seats in front of it. Brown colored sala set with a glass table was located at the left side of his room. There was a bookshelf containing several books and most are the files of our technologies mounted on the wall at the opposite side of the room. At the side of the shelf was a black thin stand lamp and one brown cushioned seat beside it. The office could be seen as a dull one that screamed business and wealth all over it but the framed paintings I made which he had hanged on the walls made the room lively and not boring.

"Hello daughter. Come and sit. I have something to tell you if you agree in this matter." I felt uncomfortable at his statement. I sat on the right seat facing him but he, however, just stood up. He had stack of folders on his table and I noticed that he was busy by the way his hair was ruffled. Dad only runs his fingers through his hair when he's stressed or has something in his mind.

"Okay. You know I am not getting younger, Caralei." I closed my eyes at that with a sigh. I have thought of this happening to me sooner or later. I guess it's happening today.

"Yes Dad?" I let him continue. He scratched the back of his neck before he opened a folder.

"This company is our family's legacy. We have worked hard for this company to rise as an eco- friendly one. We started and did this for two reasons only." I was still silent as I waited for him to continue. He was trying to figure out the words for him to explain that I have to take over. He knew that I was still scared of the huge responsibility but he needed to.

"The first one is to provide energy using eco- friendly ways because we want to save lives and save nature. Your mother... Oh your mother began that mission and look at where we are now." He said and I nodded in understanding. I was fiddling my fingers, looking down as I let him speak.