❧forty nine: luminosity

Changbin felt as if he was drowning in his own nerves, and as he and Felix climbed the stairs of the younger boy's apartment building, he could practically hear his own heartbeat pounding in his eardrums. The prospect of meeting the Australian's aunt was absolutely terrifying. What would happen if Aina turned out to dislike him for some reason? What if she she told Felix to stay away from him? What if she were cruel enough to give the blonde an ultimatum of choosing between the two of them?

That was truly the last thing that the raven haired boy wanted. The idea of him being the reason for a family bond being dissolved was devastating. Just the thought of it was enough to break Changbin's heart, so he didn't even want to imagine what he would feel if his fears turned out to be a reality. But, most of all, he didn't want to imagine the impact that such a thing would have on his lover. He could tell by the way that Felix spoke of his aunt that he loved her very deeply, and he didn't want to be the one to get in between them. Changbin didn't want Felix's love for him to impeach upon the love he had for Aina.

"Felix, maybe we should do this some other time," the raven haired boy stated nervously as they made their way down the hall.

"How come?" The Australian stopped in his tracks, a look of confusion crossing his face as he looked the older boy's way.

"...well, she just got back from a business trip, so I'm sure she's tired and just wants to relax. I'm also sure that she wants to spend time with you after being gone for a month. Not to mention the fact that-"

"You need to take a deep breath and calm down," the blonde cut the older boy off from his rambling.

"I talked with her about bringing someone over for dinner earlier today, and she said that she's excited to meet you."

"Did she really say that, or are you just trying to make me feel better?" The raven haired boy questioned.

"She said it, I promise. But, if you don't believe me, you could always ask when we get inside," Felix shrugged his shoulders.

"Or I could just show you the text messages," the Australian reached into his pocket in order to pull out his phone.

"No, no, I believe you," Changbin stated, shaking his head slightly.

"But does she know who she's meeting?"

"Um, I'm not completely sure, but I think I told her your name. But, even if I didn't I'll make sure to introduce you as soon as we get inside, so you don't need to worry about that," the blonde smiled, hoping that his words would make the older boy less anxious.

"...Felix, that's not what I meant," Changbin met the younger boy's eyes.

"I was asking if she knows that I'm your..." but then he stopped himself before he could finish that sentence.

Were they dating? Could he call Felix his boyfriend? The raven haired boy wasn't sure, and he didn't know if saying that would make the Australian feel like he was going too quickly or coming on too strong. But then again, they were at the stage of telling one another that they loved each other, and they often times slept in the same bed, and they held hands, and they kissed, and they did all the things that traditional couples did. But at the same time, they'd never exactly put a label on anything either.

"That you're my...Boyfriend?" Felix hesitated slightly when it came to saying the word, but upon hearing it fall from his lips, the older boy's heart skipped a beat as slight relief washed over him.

"I-Is that what I am?" Changbin asked, stuttering slightly at the beginning due to his nervousness.

"Your boyfriend, I mean. Am I your boyfriend?"