❧forty seven: moonward

"Are you staying over tonight?" Felix questioned, looking up at Changbin from where his head was resting in the older boy's lap.

"If you want," the raven haired boy replied.

"But I don't have a problem going back to my place. Or, if you want, I can wait until you fall asleep and then head back over to my apartment."

"You should stay," the Australian smiled gently, continuing to play with Changbin's fingers in an affectionate way.

"Okay," the shorter boy replied in confirmation, using his free hand to rake his fingers through the younger boy's blonde hair.

"Then I'll stay. But, you're sure that your aunt won't be home until the afternoon? I don't want her to meet me for the first time after finding us in bed together...It won't exactly look very good on my part," Changbin noted, and he cringed at just the very thought of it.

"No, I'm completely sure," the Australian assured.

"There's no way she'll be able to get here before we leave for school. At the very earliest her plane will land here at eleven, and the airport is about forty minutes away from the apartment, so it's completely impossible for her to get here before noon; especially with the traffic," Felix explained.

"I just...I really want her to like me. I want her to think that I'm good enough for you," the raven haired boy stated in a slightly shy manner, and while his gaze danced around the younger boy's face, he never looked him directly in the eyes when he was speaking.

Felix sat up, removing his head from his lover's lap in order to reach out and cup the older boy's face in both of his hands. That time around, the blonde forced their eyes to meet so that Changbin would be able to see how truthful and earnest he was being when he said his next words.

"You don't have anything to worry about," the younger boy stated reassuringly.

"You are good enough for me, Changbin. If anything, you're too good. You're the last piece to my puzzle. All these years I've always felt like something has been missing; and there was. I always thought I felt that way because of my parents, but the truth is that I felt that way because you took over the space that they left when they died. You fixed me, and then when I had to leave you, I left feeling empty because of it. But, now...Now you're here again, and I feel complete. You make me feel whole, Changbin. And I don't plan on ever letting you go."

The raven haired boy smiled as he felt his worries subside for a bit. His gaze was soft as he stared into Felix's eyes, and he brought his right hand up in order to grasp one of the blonde's own; lacing their fingers in the process. Without any second thoughts or any hesitation, the older boy leaned forward and connected their lips in an ardent kiss. The both of them could feel warmth blooming in the centers of their chests, and that warmth seeped into their bloodstreams, leaving them intoxicated by the other's very touch.

"Changbin," the younger boy said the older's name in a soft, breathy voice as he exhaled slowly.

"I love you."

The shorter boy kissed the back of the blonde's hand.

"I love you too, Felix," he responded quietly.

And it was as if that was all that mattered. For once in his entire life, the Australian felt as if he had someone that he could truly pour every last ounce of his love and passion into and get the same amount, if not more, in return. But just as the blonde was going back in for one more kiss, his phone began to ring.

"...it's Jeongin," Felix stated, immediately recognizing the ring tone that was set for the younger boy.

"You should answer it then," the raven haired boy stated, quickly pecking the taller boy on the cheek before leaning back onto the couch.