❧sixteen: milky way

"I just...I just don't understand what forget-me-nots have to do with anything," Felix stated as he made his way over to the table that Seungmin and Hyunjin were sat at.

He handed both of the boys their respective ice creams before sitting down across from the couple.

"Well," the redhead piped up, shoveling a spoonful of vanilla ice cream into his mouth, "we're assuming that he's referring to the flower, right?"

"Well, he didn't specify," the Australian admitted, using one hand to insert a red straw into the opening of a plastic lid that would allow him access to the strawberry milkshake inside the cup.

"But I don't see what else he could possibly mean. It's not like there's duel meanings to forget-me-nots."

"I want sprinkles," Seungmin announced, standing up from his place at the table.

"Jinnie, Google forget-me-nots while I go get sprinkles."

Reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone, Hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"You make me do everything," the older boy jokingly complained, causing the redhead to give him a blank and completely unamused stare.

"Fine," the younger boy answered, "then you get up and get me sprinkles, and I'll look it up."

"Minnie, you're scary when you talk like that," Hyunjin replied, averting his gaze away from his boyfriend's face in order to type on his phone.

The redhead breathed out a soft sigh before walking away, and Felix watched for a few seconds as he approached the place where the toppings were located before questioning Hyunjin about the younger boy's odd behavior.

"...he's acting kinda weird," Felix noted, "is he alright?"

The dark haired boy nodded his head in reply.

"He's just been stressed for the past few days," the older boy explained, not lifting his gaze to look at Felix as he spoke.

"...about exams?" The Australian questioned quietly, but really, he knew all too well that Seungmin was stressed out because of him, and it made him feel like a terrible person.

But he also knew that Seungmin wouldn't ever tell him that he was stressing him out. The redhead was just too nice to do such a thing. Plus, he cared too much for Felix to ever let him know that his presence was causing a negative effect on him in any way, shape, or form.

"Yeah," Hyunjin lied, "exams."

Felix pursed his lips into a tight line, but the older boy didn't notice because he was too busy scrolling through a list of facts about the flower that his boyfriend had requested he Google. The Australian slipped the red straw in between his lips, taking a small sip of the milkshake, hoping that the sugar would help to sweeten his sour mood.

"Did you find anything?" Seungmin inquired, looking over at his boyfriend as he sat back down at the table with his vanilla ice cream now covered in a thick layer of rainbow sprinkles that were adorning the whiteness in an array of multicolored streaks that vaguely reminded Felix of watercolor artwork.

"It says that forget-me-nots are a herbaceous plant that belong to the cynoglossum family. There are less than one hundred species of forget-me-nots, most of which originate from temperate parts of northern hemisphere. Forget-me-nots grows on the moist soil, exposed to direct sunlight or in the partial shade. It can be found in the moist fields, forests, mountains and along the streams-"