❧forty: intergalactic

"I win," Felix grinned, beaming proudly as he held Changbin's shoulders down on the ground.

"Are you sure about that?" The raven haired boy raised an eyebrow.

"I'm positive," the brunette replied, feeling extremely proud of himself for finally being able to overpower his best friend for the very first time.

"What's the first rule of the game?" Changbin inquired.

"Um..."

The younger boy trailed off, avoiding eye contact with the older, because he couldn't seem to remember what the first and only rule was. He was sure that he knew it, but with the excitement of winning for the first time ever, that knowledge had been buried somewhere in the back of his mind.

"You don't remember?" The taller boy inquired from underneath of him.

"...I don't," Felix admitted as a light blush made its way to his pale cheeks.

"The first rule of the game is-"

Changbin cut himself off, effortlessly switching their positions. Without really knowing how it happened, Felix found himself looking up at the older boy's face, and the raven haired boy's hands were pinning his shoulders to the dirt.

"The first rule of the game," the taller boy grinned, "is to never let your guard down."

The Australian huffed, feeling his prior pride lose a bit of its weight.

"I get it," the brown haired boy clicked his tongue.

"You can get off me now."

Changbin snickered, but complied with the younger boy's bitter request. He removed his hands from Felix's shoulders, and then laid down on the ground beside of him; his eyes facing the sky overhead. It was cloudy, so the stars were hardly visible at all. Only the brightest ones shone through the layer of mist that was kissing the night sky in a not so gentle way.

"...hey Binnie?" The younger boy spoke up beside of him in a soft voice, lolling his head to one side in order to face the older boy's direction.

"Hm?" Changbin hummed in reply when his nickname was spoken.

He too turned his head to look at the boy lying beside of him, and he could have sworn that the stars were reflecting off his eyes, despite the fact that none of them were bright enough to do so.

"Do you think we'll always be friends?" He asked.

He needed that confirmation, because as things stood in his life by that point, the universe seemed to be testing him by making the best things in his life seem so temporary; and he was simply wishing upon every star in the sky, visible or not, that Changbin wouldn't turn out to be temporary like all the others.