❧thirty nine: lunar occultation

Despite not knowing if the camping trip would really work at first, Seungmin's idea proved to be one of the best that he'd ever had. It checked the two major components, of making memories with friends and also having Jeongin and Felix reconcile their friendship, and it served as the breeding ground for many other achievements as well. It brought the redhead closer to Hyunjin, which neither of them really knew was possible, but they were happy that it was, because the both of them felt like they understood one another so much better.

Hyunjin's worries, which stemmed from the older boy's own insecurities about the redhead finding someone better than him, were all put to rest on the trip. Seungmin's worries about losing Hyunjin due to the growing pains of becoming new adults were also settled, which was something that he didn't think would ever be possible.

Jeongin and Felix were also able to make amends, and though their conversation led to a bit of heartbreak on the younger boy's part; it also led to the birth of something beautiful between himself and Chan. There was obviously still some lingering hurt, but along with that hurt came the realization that there truly was flowers to be bloomed after the rain. Being only sixteen, the dark haired boy was unsure of just about everything. He wasn't sure when, or even if, he would be able to fall in love with the older boy; but he was sure of the fact that if he ever did, he wouldn't need to ask why.

And, lastly, the trip gave Felix the perfect opportunity to let Changbin see the parts of him that he was afraid to let the world lay eyes upon. He allowed the raven haired boy to see him in one of the most vulnerable moments of his entire life, and the fact that he chose to kiss his lips instead of running for the hills after all was said and done truly made the blonde think about how much Changbin meant to him.

"How much longer until we get there?" Jeongin questioned, pouting slightly as he brought his chin down to rest it on Chan's shoulder.

"Don't complain," Hyunjin laughed, "you're not even walking."

"Yeah," Seungmin agreed, "consider yourself lucky. I tried to convince Hyunjin to give me a piggyback ride to the top too, but he wouldn't."

"Well, Hyunjin's not as nice as Chan is," Jeongin stated bluntly, and the older boy feigned hurt at the smaller boy's comment.

"If I'm reading the map right, we should be there pretty soon," Changbin spoke up.

"You're probably not reading it right," Felix joked from beside of him, and the older boy rolled his eyes; but somehow couldn't stop himself from smiling while doing so.

"It can't be too far away," Chan stated, stopping for a moment so that he could adjust the position of Jeongin's arms around his neck.

"What're going there for again?" The younger boy on his back piped up.

"The lady at the main lodge told Felix and I that if we follow he hiking trail up to the top that we'll get to see one of the prettiest sunsets in the area," Seungmin replied.

"That sounds like a nice way to end the trip," Changbin pointed out, and he quickly glanced at the Australian, who was walking beside of him; their footsteps in sync.

"Yeah," Jeongin agreed, smiling in such a way that his braces were on full display, "I think so too."

"...you're cute," Chan whispered to himself, not expecting his words to actually reach the younger boy's ears.

He just couldn't help but to say it, because it was true in every sense of the word. There was never anything that he'd been more sure of.

"...I think you're cute too," the dark haired boy blushed a light shade of pink as he whispered those words into the curly haired boy's ear.