❧thirty six: cosmology

It was nearing nighttime, and still, Felix and Jeongin had yet to sit down and speak with one another. They were avoiding it on some levels, and that was obvious to the four boys around them. They were purposefully keeping away from one another, and they each made sure to stay close to someone else when the other was around. Felix had been exceptionally clingy towards Changbin that day, and refused to go anywhere without him. However, the raven haired boy couldn't exactly bask in those moments, because he knew that they weren't caused by Felix's desire to be near and be close to him; even though that desire was a factor in some of the circumstances.

Jeongin wasn't any better, though. He had been attached to Chan's side for the vast majority of the day, and wherever the curly haired male went, the dark haired boy was sure to follow along behind him like a lost puppy. The Australian didn't mind, because he liked having the smaller boy around him like that. He liked that Jeongin wanted to be near him, and he decided to ignore the thoughts that ebbed at the back of his mind that told him that Jeongin was only hanging around so he wouldn't have to face his troubles with Felix head on.

"...do you think this was a stupid idea?" Seungmin asked with a sad look on his face as he turned his head to look at Hyunjin.

The older boy gave a confused look before sliding over and wrapping an arm around the redhead's shoulders. Before asking any questions, he pressed a gentle kiss to his boyfriend's temple.

"Was what a stupid idea, Minnie?" The taller boy inquired.

"Coming out here," the younger rested his head against Hyunjin's shoulder.

"...all of this. Was it stupid of me?"

"No," the dark haired boy laced their fingers, "it's a great plan. I'm sure they'll talk everything out soon."

"That's the thing though, Jinnie...I didn't just suggest to come out here so that Jeongin and Felix would make up. I wanted us to come out here so that we could all make memories and have fun together," the redhead stated, and he tried to keep himself calm and collected, but his voice cracked two times, giving way to the desperation and the sadness behind the facade he was putting out for the world to see.

But, he couldn't keep things locked away from Hyunjin. The older knew him too well, inside and out, for that.

"I know you're scared about what all will happen after graduation," his boyfriend began, and Hyunjin brought Seungmin's hand up to his lips in order to kiss the finger that his promise ring was worn on.

"I'm scared about all of that stuff too. And, I know that Jeongin's scared about it. I'm sure that Felix is worried about it...But, you can't let your fears about the future stop you from living in the moment. Memories are great, and a lot of them are irreplaceable. But Seungmin, we don't need to make memories right now. We can make the most of the present, and worry about the memories when they become memories."

"...what're your best memories?" Seungmin asked.

"Hmm, let's see," the dark haired boy thought back as he played with the redhead's fingers.

"When I was nine, my dad bought me this really awesome cake for my birthday. It was a marble cake, and it was covered in chocolate frosting, and it was so good," the older boy stated.

"How did I know that you'd be talking about food?" Seungmin sighed with a smile playing on his lips.

"There was also this one time in fifth grade when our school went on a trip to the pool. I jumped off the high dive, even though I was really scared," the taller boy explained.

"Oh, and then there was the time that my family went to an amusement park over summer vacation. I rode my first roller coaster there, and it was the highest one at the park."