❧thirty seven: orion arm

"Don't freak out, Lix," Jeongin whispered quietly, a sad smile gracing his lips as he slowly released his grip on the older boy's shirt.

"I won't do it again."

"...I won't freak out," the Australian replied, though his body was stiff, and he swallowed the lump in his throat as he attempted to calm his racing thoughts.

"If you don't want to be my friend anymore...I get it. But, I promise that I won't come onto you ever again, if that's what you're worried about. I won't ever kiss you, or bring this up ever again," the younger boy assured.

"I'm so sorry," Felix choked out, his throat seemingly getting tighter with every passing second.

"I didn't know that you had those kind of feelings for me. And if I led you on, I swear that I never meant to."

"You don't have to say that you're sorry, Felix," Jeongin shook his head.

"I can't make you love me anymore than you can make yourself love me. And that's okay."

"Why didn't you just tell me?" The blonde asked.

"It's...Not that easy," the younger boy shook his head.

"There was a lot of times when I wanted to; just to get it off my chest. I knew that I'd feel better if only I could just say it and get it over with. But, then I'd over think things, and there was the fact that I thought you didn't like boys, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship...But, then you got so close to Changbin, and you just kept drifting away from me, and I could see the way that you two looked at each other. And it broke my heart. But you were so happy, and I just...I didn't want to be the one to take that happiness away from you."

Silently, the older boy reached over and wrapped his arm around the younger boy. Jeongin was tense towards the action first, but quickly let his body relax, and he brought his head down to rest it on the blonde's shoulder.

"I don't ever want to stop being friends with you Jeongin," the Australian whispered.

"We've been through way too much to just drop everything like that."

It stung a bit, and the dark haired couldn't deny that it did. However, he was relieved to hear that Felix didn't hate him, and that he still wanted to be in his life.

"Whatever way that I can have you in my life...I'll take it," the younger boy whispered, gently closing his eyes.

"But honestly Felix, you should go and talk to Changbin."

"...why're you bringing Changbin up right now?" The Australian asked.

"Because he's in love with you. And I know that feeling, Lix. But, I also know that you're confusing. You make people think twice before they do something; and that comes as a blessing, but it also comes as a curse," the dark haired boy began.

"Changbin...Gets this look in his eyes whenever he's around you. It's like his existence begins and ends with you, and with loving you. You have this certain something about you that draws people in, and makes people love you instantly. You're the type of person that's easy to love, and even easier to fall in love with, Felix. But, I know you and I wouldn't work. Honestly, we probably wouldn't even work out if Changbin wasn't in the picture."

"You don't have to say this stuff," the blonde stated lightly, because he could tell that the words Jeongin was speaking were painful for him to choke out.

"...I think I do," the younger boy answered.

"I know how clueless you can be at times."

"What's that supposed to mean?" The older boy mused, an amused smile playing on his lips.