❧twenty: celestial

(⚠) : trigger warning !

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Felix sighed in defeat when his aunt didn't pick up the phone. He understood that she was probably busy, but he desperately needed to talk to her about the photo in his hand. He'd stared at it nonstop for nearly an hour, just trying to remember anything at all, but he just couldn't. It was like there was a dark rain cloud over the part of his brain that held his childhood memories. Everything revolved around what small memories he could recall about his parents; like the smell of his mother's perfume, or the way his father tossed a ball with him in the backyard. And then happiness bled into something far more sinister, -something nightmare fueling.

The sounds of sirens in the distance, growing closer and closer. The painful stinging of cuts caused by shattered glass, and the ringing of his own ears. A headache setting in as crimson colored blood trickled down the skin of his face. He was scared, too scared to even cry, and he crawled forward, causing another gash on his calf as he attempted to reach for his mother's hand. And that's eyes he lifted his head, only to find that both of his parents were covered in blood, and neither of them looked like they were breathing.

And then there was male and female voices alike sounding from the outside world, but he couldn't make out the words, because everything was spinning, and it was all molding together like watercolor paints bleeding into one another. But glass shards embedded in soft, milky white skin, and blood covered faces, and the song of sirens melted into white walls, bright lights, and people crowding around him like he was some type o freak show attraction, and stark white walls bled into beige walls and the brown leather couch of a therapist's office. Tiny white pills were prescribed by a doctor, and he took one in the morning and one at night before bedtime with a promise that they would help him remember how to smile. And he remembered the way that the doctors had told him that things would get better, not that he believed anything they said back then, because at just eight years old his outlook on the world felt bleak. But what did the doctor know? Felix felt alone, and yet everyone was telling him that he was alright...Because his doctor said that he was fine.

Less words spoken, and he could vaguely recall shutting himself down under the harsh stare of an older woman that he knew didn't care if he weren't to say anything at all. But the rest was nothing but a blur. It all meshed together, third grade became fourth, and fourth to fifth, and fifth to sixth; and he was suddenly off to middle school. And sixth grade became seventh somehow, and seventh became eighth, and then eighth became ninth, and he was a high school freshman will little to no recollection of the last seven years of his life. It all felt the same, with no defining details, and then suddenly he was on the basketball team, he was in Student Council, and he was getting iced coffee with his new best friends.

And it wasn't that he didn't understand why, because he knew that it was his way of coping with the loss of his parents, but he just wished that the universe would give him a break and allow him to remember anything at all. Even something small would due...He just wanted something to push him in the right direction, because as things stood right then, he was even more confused than he had been before.

"Sorry to bother you, but I was going through some old boxes to find pictures of Hyunjin, Seungmin, and I; and I found this picture of me with someone, and I wanted to ask some questions about it. It's not that important though, so just call me back whenever you have the time. I hope things are going well in Japan. Love you."