❧twelve: constellations

As the Australian waited for Changbin's arrival, he sat alone in the corner of his room. Despite the fact that his skin felt cold, and goosebumps were trailing up his arms and legs, Felix didn't want to sit in bed any longer. He'd forced himself to slide out from under the covers, and he crawled to the darkest corner of his bedroom, as it caused him to be surrounded in nothing but utter blackness. He felt like that was what he deserved, and if nobody would subject him to that, then he would do it by his own means. His guilt was undeniable, like cubes of ice sitting in his bloodstream, chilling every last part of him to the core of his bones.

He met Hyunjin before he met Seungmin, but that didn't stop Felix from becoming very close to the redhead. The Australian was prone to freaking out over small things, but he always tried to keep that panic to himself. However, as soon as Seungmin's brought up the fact that the blonde may have a crush on Changbin. . . Felix just sort of snapped. He was nervous that his innermost thoughts had been seen through, and he was angry that Seungmin knew him so well.

". . .I really messed up," the Australian acknowledged, because it wasn't as if he was unaware of the fact that he'd really, really screwed up.

Yelling at Seungmin was uncalled for in every sense of the word, and he realized that now. . . But he didn't realize it in the moment. He was too caught up in the fact that Seungmin was trying to say that he was into Changbin like that. He never meant to yell, or hurt the younger boy's feelings, or make his best friend hate his guts. He never meant to slap his hand away like that when all the redhead was trying to do was comfort the older boy in the only way he knew how.

Felix felt horrible. He wished that he could take everything back, but he also knew that no matter how much he wished, it wouldn't happen. On the off chance that Seungmin could simply sweep everything under the rug and allow the Australian back into his life, he knew that the younger boy would never ever forget about what happened. Felix couldn't blame him if he always had that late evening argument stuck in the back of his mind every time they spoke to one another. He freaked out, and he messed up big time, and now all he could do was hope and pray that Seungmin would be able to find it in his heart to simply give him one more chance at friendship.

He would apologize sincerely, and he was sure of that, but it wouldn't be that night. No, he needed time to articulate things within his brain before he even attempted to apologize. He told himself that as soon as he woke the next morning that he'd call the redhead and apologize for everything, but there was also doubt that pricked at the back of his mind.

Would Seungmin be able to forgive him?

Did the younger boy already hate his guts?

Another thing was that not only would he be losing Seungmin as a friend, he'd be losing Hyunjin, as well. Obviously, the dark haired boy would choose his boyfriend, and best friend of thirteen years, over someone like Felix; who'd he'd just met four years ago. They were close, but the bond between Seungmin and Hyunjin was just. . . Stronger. Unbreakable. Those two were destined for one another, and Felix knew that he couldn't blame Hyunjin for choosing the redhead's side. There was their bond that played evident roles, but there was also the fact that Felix was wrong and that was that.

Before his thoughts could take over any more, his phone screen turned on, only for two notifications to simultaneously appear on the screen. One was a message from sleeping delivery stating that his delivery agent had arrived, and that caused his stomach to do flips inside his body as he was once again reminded of the redhead's words. And then there was a new text message from Seungmin. He stared at it for a few seconds, just wondering if he should open it, and in the end, he decided to see what it said, even if he didn't plan on replying.