☀️2.67: Omnia☀️

Omnia

Reed Jacob Fonacier's POV

The trip back to the Philippines that year was both filled with tension and dread. I was still confused and shocked at the same time about what I discovered at the Vasuki laboratories.

Just thinking about the fact that my sister and I were actually part of an experiment that big and that we were both carrying a device inside of us that could potentially kill or save us in our death bed scared me.

I didn't even know if Reed was my real name.

Compared with those before us who had a name on that file, I was VINCENT 25013, while Savannah was VINCENT 25014.

If not for the updated names and pictures that were provided with the rest of the files I wouldn't even bother to believe everything that I've read in that binder. But d amn it was real. We were really the only left with a functioning nanotech. 

Gods. That kind of thought kept on running inside my head even when Giovanni drove me to one of our family owned condominiums in Makati rather than driving me straight back to our mansion.

I wanted to surprise my sister albeit all of it. I just needed to finish my other businesses first.

And so, I didn't waste any time. After I settled down in my condo, I went straight to my father's main office where he was already waiting for me.

"How was the trip?"

"It was fine." I answered him. I refused to be near him so instead of sitting in front of his table; I chose to settle down on his sofa at the center.

If he took notice of my reluctance to talk to him, he didn't comment on it but rather, he just stood up and walked towards his window that was overlooking the city.

"What do you want to talk to me about, father?"

"Is it true that you went to have a DNA test with your sister?" He asked not even beating around the bush.

I didn't ask further how he knew about the test. I assumed it was because he had connections everywhere. Including the clinic where we took it.

"Yes."

"And Giovanni said you've found some files that you shouldn't know about. Is this true?" He looked at me, not expecting for me to answer anymore. He already knew everything.

"You knew you were adopted," he said. I nodded.

"Yes, I do."

"And Savannah?"

"She knows too," I answered, leaving the fact how my sister got hold of that information.

If he knew that Savannah sneaked into his home office and opened his vault, my sister would be in deep trouble. 

"Alam niya bang kayo na lamang dalawa noon ang may gumaganang nanotech sa katawan niyo?"

I shrugged. I didn't have any intention in making her life more complicated. I planned to hide project VINCENT and all the other da
mned things from her until the day I die.

"You should feel special, Reed. Some children didn't make it after the first day that the nanotech was implanted in their bodies.

Kahit na sabihin pang may nabuhay, for example si Pierre Esquivel, kayo pa ring dalawa ng kapatid mo ang natitirang mga batang may gumagana pa ring device sa katawan. Everyone else either died from the operation or has a malfunctioned technology inside of them. May mga batang nalason nang dahil lang sa isang hindi gumaganang VINCENT device."