☀️2.66: Vincit☀️

Vincit

Reed Jacob Fonacier's POV

"Why did you call?"

"You know why."

"Well, I don't know, Reed. Hindi ko na alam kung ano pa ang itinatakbo niyang utak mo. So, tell me. Dahil kung papahulain mo lang ako kung anong kailangan mo sa akin ay ibaba ko na lang itong tawag at sinasayang lang natin ang oras ng isa't isa." Savannah stopped pacing restlessly across her room, sat down in front of her computer and finally looked at me.

I looked back, challenging her to say more. It was almost four in the afternoon back there in Manila but she was fully dressed and keen to end our conversation. I knew right then that she had to go somewhere else, preferably away from her nagging twin brother. "And, um...may date din ako with Vincent so pwede ba kung sesermonan mo na naman ako, pakibilisan mo na lang? I don't want to be late..."

I stared pointedly at her before shifting on my chair, suddenly feeling frustrated with all the nonsense that we've been discussing over that video call.

We were supposed to plan out where would be our next destination for the summer and not her failing grades and her asshole of a boyfriend.

Why did she make that same mistake again of trusting someone who didn't have any good intentions?

Why didn't she listen to me when I first told her to stay away from Pierre?

Gods. How could she be so stubborn?

"Didn't you learn anything about your past relationships? How about your experience with Jed, huh? Haven't you learnt anything at all?" I said, reminding her of recent stupidity with Jedidiah.

Like Pierre Vincent, she knew that Jed only wanted her for something other than her but still, she pursued him.

She f ucking went and befriend him again! And she only waited for me to study in London to do it! D amn. Halos tatlong taon na simula nang wasakin ko ang mukha ng lalaking iyon pero ang lakas pa rin ng loob na umaligid-aligid sa kapatid ko.

At kahit na ano namang banta ko at protekta ko kay Savannah para hindi lang siya masaktan ay nakakahanap at nakakahanap pa rin siya ng paraan para gawin ang kasalungat ng mga pinapayo ko. Nakakainis. Ang tigas ng ulo!

"Think about Chelsea. Think about what Pierre did to her!"

"Magkaiba kaming dalawa ni Chelsea! Hindi naman ako papayag na magpabuntis katulad niya 'no!"

"But Savannah..."

"Alam ko ang ginagawa ko," She squared her shoulders as if it was enough to show her defiance.

She thought it would intimidate me, huh?

I was amused by her actions yes, but it was not enough for me to back down.

  "Hindi mo na ako kailangan pakialaman."

I suppressed an irritated sigh. "I'm still your brother, at least listen to me."

"Kapatid lang kita,wala kang karapatang kontrolin ako o kung sino ang dapat kong magustuhan!"

"I knew him Savannah! He was just in our school last week and I saw him kissing some random girl!"

"So what? I'm kissing random guys too! We have an open relationship just so you know..."

Tsk. Open relationship my arse. Pierre just wanted to f uck her like what he always do with all those girls he used to go out with. "Do you even know what that means?"