〖4〗Rogue x Reader | This Shadow Stole My Heart Through Light

【A/N: Original Title: 'Shadows Normally Steal Your Life Out Of Evil, But This Shadow Stole My Heart Through LightHad to Change It Because It Was Too Long...

-

I was walking around Fiore, taking a break from the guild. I was tired from all their fighting and me always having to get between Natsu and Gray. It was annoying. I took a seat in my favorite cafe and asked for some tea. I looked out the window, glum. I wanted to have fun, but I couldn't find anyone in the guild who had the same idea as me. I use illusion magic and I liked messing with people from time to time. "What's a girl like you doing all alone?" I looked up and saw the Shadow Dragon Slayer from Sabertooth. Rogue Cheney. "What's a wizard from Sabertooth talking to Fairy Tail wizard for?" I asked. I liked to tease people, and this is one of my ways of teasing them. He looked at me and laughed, red eyes shining.

I smiled at him and the waiter came by with my tea. He set it down in front of me and I paid him. I took a sip of my tea and looked at Rogue. "Seriously, what are you going here?" "I've been wanting to talk to you for a while now. It seems like now I got the perfect chance to." He said. I chuckled slightly but smiled at him. "Ok. Why did you want to talk to me?" I did like to mess with people, but I'm completely sweet. I don't exactly mess with everyone, I only mess with certain people.

Other than that, I'm completely sweet and fun to be around. What I was confused about, was why he wanted to talk to me. "I wanted to get to know you. I've seen you from time to time when I'm coming back from a job. You always seem down." "Well, that's because a tragic event's anniversary is coming up soon and every time you saw me I was either heading to or back from the cemetery. I don't need to go into full detail about what happened, but some people close to me died. That's all you need to know." "I'm sorry." "Don't be. It happened many years ago. But tell me the real reason why you wanted to talk to me.

Or was that your way of striking a conversation with me?" I smiled gently. I took another sip of tea and looked at him. He looked flustered. I giggled at him. "You don't need to be shy, I don't bite." "It was my way of striking a conversation with you." He finally said. I laughed. "Well, you started one. Would you like to continue with it?" I asked, smiling brightly. He nodded. "Well, would do you like to do in your free time Ms. (Y/N)?" "I like to mess with people from time to time. I have illusion magic so it's fun. I like to read and cook as well. Very normal. What about you?" "Practically the same thing. Why did you join Fairy Tail?" "Because my friend Lucy convinced me too." We continued to talk about random things for many hours. I didn't realize it was dark out until I looked out the window.

I looked at him and smiled. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. It's getting late and I was supposed to be home hours ago." I said laughing. He smiled back at me and helped me up. "Then meet me tomorrow at 7 tomorrow for dinner." He said. "Like a date?" He nodded. I smiled at my response and walked out of the cafe. I headed back to my apartment with Lucy and hoped she was sleeping. I quietly came up the stairs and tried to sneak into the house. I closed the door quietly and carefully and tried to get to my room as quietly as possible.

I wasn't so lucky. The lights flickered on and Lucy was sitting in the living room waiting for me. "You were supposed to be home hours ago (Y/N)." She said as she walked over to me. She hugged me tightly. "Thank god you're ok. I was so worried about you." "I'm fine. Really. I was at the cafe all day, talking to someone." I said slyly. "Who?" "Rogue Cheney from the Sabertooth Guild. He asked me out on a date for tomorrow. I'm meeting him at 7 tomorrow." She started shrieking in excitement. She's known me for my whole life and neither of us has ever been on a date or had a boyfriend. I smiled at her. "But I need your help. I don't know how to dress for these kinds of things or anything. You're the girly one." "I'll gladly help you!" She dragged me to my closet and helped me find the perfect outfit for the date.

I was waiting outside the cafe. I was wearing a navy-blue knee-length dress with black heels. Lucy called on Cancer and got him to do my hair, which is now in beach waves and pulled back slightly. I arrived about ten minutes early and waited for Rogue. I was overexcited. I finally spotted Rogue and waved him over. He walked up to me and smiled. "You look beautiful." He said. "You look great too. Where are we headed?" "A picnic, on a hill." I smiled. I followed him to the spot and sat down next to him.

He pulled out a picnic basket and handed me a container of freshly made pasta. I looked at him curiously. "Did you make this?" He nodded. I quickly pulled the lid off and took a bite. This is amazing. "This tastes incredible. You're a really good cook." I said. I continued to eat the flavorful pasta and savored it. He handed me some sweet tea and it was good as well. We finished eating and packed away all the food. Dessert was for later sadly. He got up and grabbed my hand. He started pulling me towards a waterfall that sparkled in the starlight. "I wanted to show you this. I thought you might like it." Rogue said.

I nodded. "It's beautiful." He spun me around and I was facing him. We both started leaning in and our mouths connected. It was a sweet, magical kiss that made my heart flutter. My arms instantly wound themselves around his neck and his arms dropped and wrapped around my waist. We finally pulled apart for air and I smiled at him. "It's amazing." I whispered before kissing him again. 'Shadows normally steal your life out of evil, but this shadow stole my heart through light.'