〖3〗Freed x Reader | Pocky Game

You sat at your table intensely arranging flowers. These were going to be perfect. Especially since Freed Justine had asked you to do them! You'd liked Freed for a while but had no idea how to tell him. So, you just did him favors as any friend would. Those favors were usually distracting Evergreen, help Bickslow, and do flowers. You didn't mind. Evergreen was great at giving advice. Even when you didn't really want it. It wasn't your fault that your hair couldn't be that luxurious and beautiful! Shaking the thoughts from your mind you carefully placed the last flower. Taking a step back, you carefully examined the masterpiece. Oh, one mistake. You quickly fix it, and then, absentmindedly grab a stick of pocky. You stared at the flower for a few more minutes trying to figure out if there were any more mistakes.

"I didn't know you paid so much attention to your flowers." You jumped. You weren't expecting him to be here this early. "Oh, hi Freed. Yeah, I just don't like mistakes." He smiles. "Yes, that's very good, after all, one mistake could lead to your downfall. Although, it's doubtful with flowers." The two of you laugh. That was something only you could really get Freed to do. although, he laughed with the other members of the thunder legion. You just didn't think it was the same though. "(Y/N) these look lovely." Freed said examining them. "Thanks. The flowers were actually wild, I found them outside of Magnolia." He turned to look at you. "You didn't have to go so far." You blushed a bit. "Oh, it was nothing. I like it out there." "I see."

The two of you ended up chatting. It was, kinda normal, but also weird, you thought he had places to be. He politely asked for a pocky stick and you handed it to him. You kinda started watching his lips. The way they moved talking, but also munching. that sounds weird. You shake your head. Now is not the time! You breathe and try to actually focus on what he's saying. The two of you still chat and eat a couple more sticks. As Freed puts another stick in his mouth, you decide to do something incredibly stupid. You were going to tell him how you felt. The best way was obviously to kiss him.. but you'd have to eat the pocky first. "(Y/N), what's on your mind? You seem worried?" Now or never. You bite the end of the stick, and Freed's face instantly goes bright red. "Um.... (Y/N)? This isn't appropriate... what are you?" You ignore him and nibble on the stick. Hopefully, he'd get a clue!!

He just blushed and yammered about how he was a gentleman and it was not polite. until finally, you gave up and stepped back. No wonder it didn't work, it was a dumb idea. "I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking." You whisper intensely red. "So... wait.... um." "I like you." There. why on earth you couldn't have done that earlier you have no idea. "I like you too." Freed smiled brightly at you, still blushing a little bit. You smiled and then looked at the flowers. "OH! Freed, you need to go! "Huh? OH!" he grabbed the flowers. "Would you do me the pleasure of meeting me tomorrow at your favorite restaurant? Five O'clock?" "Sure." You laugh. "Perfect." He kissed your cheek and ran out the door. You smiled and rubbed your cheek. That hadn't been such a disaster after all.

 That hadn't been such a disaster after all