〖3〗Natsu x Reader | My Fire Breathing Idiot

I walked around Magnolia, trying to find Fairy Tail. 'Why is it so hard to find the freaking guild hall?' I took a seat outside one of the many cafes in town and ordered some food. I have been searching for years but never came close to finding Fairy Tail. As the waitress set my food down I heard someone call out to her. "Busy day?" I asked. "It always is when Salamander and Happy are here." I nearly choked. 'Salamander? Happy?' "Can you bring them out here?" She nodded and looked happy to drag them outside. "Who are you?" Natsu asked. I took a sip of my drink before answering. "My name's (Y/N). I want to join Fairy Tail and if I did, I wanted to be your partner." I said. Natsu looked at me in interest. "Sure! Let's go!" Natsu exclaimed. I froze before smiling. He grabbed my hand and literally started dragging me.

I felt half of my body on the cement, getting dragged by the fire breathing idiot who destroys things. 'I won't be surprised if I have to go to the infirmary the moment I get there.' I cried out in pain at last. I felt cuts and bruises form on my sides and felt the sticky blood run. Natsu finally stopped and looked down at me. He noticed all the blood seeping through my clothes. He had a worried expression on his face and helped me up. He pulled me up with so much force, by mistake, and I toppled over him.

We were just staring at each other when I finally got up. I brushed all the dirt and rocks off. I held my hand out and helped him off. "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that." He said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head. I laughed. "It's fine. Let's just get to the guild so I can get these cuts taken care of." I said cheerfully. He nodded and continued walking. I followed behind him and felt my face flush. ​I guess I do have a crush on him. I mean, every time I read Sorcerer Magazine I always skip to the Natsu articles. I know I have more in common with him, but maybe I like him. I brushed the thought off, thinking I'm just crazy. "Hey (Y/N), we're here! What'd you think?" Happy asked. I was awestruck. It was huge!

"Well I can't say for sure yet Happy! I still have to see the inside." I said, running into the guild. Natsu ran in after me and stood by me. For once there was no fighting going on in the guild. I sighed. This was boring. Natsu elbowed me and I noticed that everyone was staring at me. My face flushed, and I walked up to the front when someone stopped me. 'Erza Scarlet.' "What's your name and reason for being here?" She asked. "My name is (Y/N) and I've come to ask if I could join the guild. I have magic enhancing spells and wind magic." She looked impressed.

She led me to the master's room and left me to talk to him. I saw the Master sitting on his desk and I didn't know if I should sit either. I just ignored it and walked up to him. "So, you're the new one who wants to join the guild?" He asked happily. "Welcome to the guild! I'm Master Makarov." "Uh, thanks sir. It's an honor being part of your guild." I replied. "Go talk to Mirajane out front and she'll get you your emblem stamp ok?" I nodded and walked out. I walked through the halls and finally ended up in the front again. I walked up the counter and found a girl in a red dress with long, pretty white hair. She was wearing a bright smile and her big, round blue eyes were shining in happiness.

She looked at me and smiled even brighter. "You must be (Y/N). Natsu has been telling me about you while you were talking to the Master. It turns out he's been looking for you for a while. He said you've been lifelong friends." My eyes widened. 'That's right. I was friends with him as a child, before he joined Fairy Tail. Before he met Igneel.' "That's right. We are. I haven't seen him in a long time though. I can't believe I forgot!" I laughed. "The Master told me I could get my emblem from you." She nodded and pulled out the stamp. I told her my favorite color and asked her to put it on left shoulder.

She told me about the request board and I walked up to it. I wanted to prove that I can help the guild at all times. I pulled a request off the board. It was a job to find some plant. "Hey, can I join you on that job?" I turned around and saw Natsu running up to me. "Uh, yeah sure. Let me run it by Mirajane and we can go." I said smiling. I showed Mira and she nodded. We went over to the client and they explained that we needed to find it, so they can help heal their sickly son.

We climbed up to the mountains and started looking for the plants. Sadly, we had no such luck. "Natsu, you find anything yet!" I called out. "Yeah! I think I found it." I ran over to him and he was holding the plant. I smiled. I wasn't going to fail my first job! I heard some noise on our way down and sent a wind attack to get rid of the noise. We finally reached the client's home and gave them the plant. As we were walking out, I thought about how much the plant would help. I ran back in and went straight to the room. Some of my magic is to enhance magic so maybe I can change it around, so it could enhance the son's health.

I started speaking in ancient script as my hands started glowing. The wind started blowing gently around us as I focused all my magic energy onto healing this boy. A blue light surrounded the boy and started glowing. The lights started flickering and the wind became stronger. I felt my magic start draining, but I kept pushing myself. I have to help this boy! I thought, gritting my teeth. I finally stopped when my magic ran out and saw the boy looking much healthier than he did before. I felt all my strength disappear and leaned against the wall, walking out the house. Natsu looked at me and picked me up. "Let's get you back home." He said. I shook my head. He looked at me strangely. "I want to camp out. It's already getting dark out and we'll have no sense of how to get home." He nodded and started setting up a campsite.

I sat on the log while he made a fire. He took a seat by me and wrapped one arm around me. "You seem cold." I looked at him and snuggled closer to him. His face flushed. "(Y/N), I like you...I always have...since we were small." He said. I flushed. I looked up at him. I smiled at him. "I-I like you too." He smiled and placed his mouth on mine. I kissed him back, a smile gracing my lips. We pulled apart for air and I smiled. 'This has been the best day of my life. Sure, he's an idiot that breathe fire, but he's my fire breathing idiot. And I wouldn't have it any other way.'