Natsu x Reader | Always

So, there I was, sitting at the guild as usual. Cana and Lucy were with me, chatting away but I was too busy zoning out. Zoning out about the fire dragon slayer. No one knew of my GIANT crush on him since I did my best to not show it. It's hard, but I'm managing. "(Y/N)?" My thoughts were interrupted by Lucy. "Yeah?" I replied, not wanting to make it look like I wasn't paying attention. "Are you alright? You look a little tired." Lucy stated while still observing me. "I'm fine, just thinking." I replied with a smile. Lucy looked at me suspiciously but just then, the door opened with a loud BANG followed with the shouting of a male. "I'M BAAACK!" Was what the voice said.

My (E/C) eyes adjusted to the sudden rays of light streaming from the wide-open door. It was Natsu. My expression of boredom remained but my heart started beating quickly. I looked away and back to Lucy who was still looking at Natsu with admiration in her eyes. I knew she didn't like Natsu that way, (thank god for me) but she loved him as a friend. "Welcome back Natsu!" She nearly shouted. "Welcome back, Flame Brain." Gray retorted, coming out of nowhere. You nearly jumped when you saw him but managed to remain looking bored. Natsu looked directly at me and whined. "Not even a hello, (Y/N)?" He looked crushed.

Not wanting to see him disappointed, I greeted him with a sigh and a small smile. "Hello, Natsu."
He immediately perked up and smiled that famous close-eyed smile of his. I loved that smile so much. I almost let out a laugh but managed to keep it to a smile. "Hey (Y/N), want to train today?" Natsu asked. "Train? You just got back from a mission." I bluntly replied. "Yeah but... I want to train with you!" "Why with me?" "You're an ice dragon slayer! Training with other dragon slayers is good, especially when their element is nearly the opposite." I flinched at the mention of my power. I didn't like to talk about it because it brought up my past, though I was very talented in fighting with it. "Fine." I sighed in defeat.

[Time Skip]

I fell on my butt as Natsu screamed. "I win again! Come on, (Y/N), I know you can do more than that." It was true, I can do more than that, but I was afraid of hurting Natsu. "Fine, let's go again."
I decided it was time that I stopped letting him win. I'm tired of looking weak in front of him. "Come at me!" Natsu exclaimed while bouncing on his toes. "Alright, but I'm not responsible for your injuries." "Yeah right! You won't even be able to scratch me at this rate!" I glared at him. I was genuinely infuriated by his words. I took the first charge. "Ice Dragon's Talon!" I screamed. but he moved out of the way, as expected. Before I swung my leg at him, I waited for him to try to dodge and swung in the direction he went. My kick landed, and he fell to the ground, quickly recovering.

"Fire Dragon's Roar!" I waited until it was about to hit me to dodge. At that moment, I knew he was open. "Wing of the Ice Dragon!" I screamed, and it hit him in the side of the leg. He went down onto his knee and I finished with my signature move. "Claw of the Ice Dragon!" On contact, he went flying back into a tree. "I won't be able to scratch you, you say? You can't scratch me!" I taunted. "Wow, (Y/N)... That was so cool! Why did you hold back all this time?" He asked unexpectedly. My eyes widened. "Um... N-no reason." STUTTERING? Why am I stuttering? This isn't like me at all. "No reason, my butt!" "Um... I didn't um.. want to hurt you.." I whispered loud enough for him to hear. He looked stunned as I blushed and turned away. I was about to walk off when two strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind.

"That's no reason to go easy on me. I'll always be fine!" He smiled. I knew that was true and I didn't say anything for a few minutes. We stood there for what seemed like forever. He loosened his grip on me just enough to turn me around to face him. He tightened his grip again, so I was up against his chest. "U-um.. Natsu.. Don't you think that's a little um.. You know... Close?" "Yes, I do think so." He leaned in and whispered. "but not close enough." "Nat-" I was cut off by his lips against mine. I was stiff at first, but soon I relaxed into it. He made it, so I couldn't move my arms, so we looked kind of awkward. "(Y/N)?" He pulled away. "Yes?" I replied. "Be mine?" "Always."