*Lucy x Male!Child!Reader Christmas Special*

A/N, this was requested by paultiteuf360 as a Christmas special, so please enjoy~

•Christmas Miracle•

Y/N's POV:

The room was dark as you sat on the edge of your bed, swinging your legs idly and staring out of the open window, feeling the cold December air on your bare arms and face. The moonlight that spilled in illuminated the bedroom you stayed in at Magnolia's Orphanage, located next to the church, which gave you a nice view of the grounds as well as the street below.

The rules of the orphanage may have stated that bedtime was 9:00 for your age group, but you were wide awake — it was Christmas Eve and merely an hour away from Christmas Day. However, where other children like yourself may have been up with the excitement for presents or sweet treats, you weren't interested in any of that, instead you just wanted to meet Santa Claus himself, as the request you had for him wasn't one that could be explained in a letter.

Because of this you had hatched a plan to stay awake through the night, waiting until you heard his sleigh on the roof. From there you would wait about a minute or so longer to give Santa time to get down the chimney, and then you would sneak down the corridor and into the main sitting area where the orphanage Christmas tree was, to meet St. Nick face to face and ask him for a special favour... You'd made sure to be good all year round leading up to this moment, meaning that you were both nervous and excited.

The minutes ticked by as you continued to wait patiently, your sights locked firmly on Magnolia's skyline and the cold now making you shiver, even with your slippers and dressing gown already on. And yet, still there was nothing. Doubt and worry began to settle in slightly... had he already been and you'd missed his visit?

You let another minute or so pass, clock now reading half eleven, before finally giving in and going down to see, deciding that waiting isolated in your bedroom was probably not the best idea, and being already present in the correct room was better as that way you wouldn't have to rely on trying to hear his sleigh. So, with careful steps and doors opened and closed ever so gently, you snuck from your bedroom, down the long corridor and to the doorway that leads to living room with the main fireplace and Christmas tree, always making sure to keep only to the non-squeaky floorboards for the whole journey.

Now faced with the large wooden door, hallway equally as dark as your room, you reached up and placed your hand on the handle quietly, but paused for a moment as you heard a small sound through the otherwise perfect and still silence of the nighttime... the sound was something like paper crinkling, or the vague rustling of a bag.

That must be Santa!

Through your hastiness and excitement you were a little noisier in opening the door than you may have liked, but the sight that greeted you completely wiped any other thoughts from your mind.

There, stood in front of you in the moon lit room, wasn't the Santa depicted in any books or paintings, but instead there stood a young, blonde, female, staring back at you with her deep-brown eyes wide with shock at being discovered. She wore a short red velvet dress that had a white fluffy trim, a matching red choker, thigh high boots that had two small white pom-poms at the ankles, a classic Christmas hat, and to finish off a pair of long gloves in the same Christmassy-red tone as the rest of her outfit. The girl also had a large toy sack sat next to her on the floor, and a neatly wrapped box gripped tightly in her gloved hands as she was frozen midway through placing it under the tree.