*Gray x Ice Dragon Slayer!Reader*

A/N, this was requested by @Dramione20017 so please enjoy~

•Frozen•

Y/N's POV:

"Oh so you think you're better than me?!"

"Hell yeah! My ice-make could beat you any day!"

"Well think again buddy. Ice dragon slayer magic is better as it can slay literal dragons. Last time I checked you're a mere human."

"Oh yeah? Well I trained with Ur, who has the attitude of a dragon."

"And I trained with an actual, real-life dragon! Sorry Gray, but you can't beat me."

In the middle of the bustling guildhall on a normal Saturday morning, you and Gray had somehow escalated into an argument about who was the stronger ice mage, stemming from simply sitting together with food. Of course you both had bets on yourselves, so your matched individual stubbornness was leading to an impassible dead end.

Arguments, however, are never tolerated for long, as the Titania herself isn't one for patience, so with a stern gaze that saw as red as her hair, Erza marched over to you and Gray in sheer anger. "Y/N! Gray! Stop arguing!" She scolded, the loud irritated tones of her voice all too familiar to the guild.

"S-sorry Erza." You immediately apologised meekly, turning away from Gray momentarily given Erza was the only person of making you unquestionably compliant, before suddenly getting an idea that shook your automatic Erza-induced docile attitude. "We'll take this outside instead." You continued slyly, glancing out the corner of your eye to catch a glimpse of Gray's changing expression.

"We will?" The ice-make mage questioned, frowning with his arms crossed over his bare and well-toned chest.

You just shrugged and met his gaze, completely disregarding Erza's attempts to dissuade you, which would most likely be at your peril. "Do you wanna fight or not?"

Gray smirked cockily and clenched his fists. "Heh, prepare to be thrashed ice-for-brains." He grinned, already using his magic to lower the temperature of the air slightly in excited anticipation.

But before you could reply, Natsu — who had been sitting nearby — quickly perked up and leapt to his feet, storming over in a huff.

"Oi, underwear freak, how come you'll fight Y/N but not me huh?!" He grumbled irritatedly, rolling up his sleeves and butting heads with Gray, meanwhile you just stood by whilst worrying about the fate of the fight that would determine who was the better ice mage – one you'd been waiting for for a long time.

"Because I'd thrash you in an instant, cinder-faced bastard." Gray retorted, grinding his teeth as he and the dragon slayer stood nose-to-nose in aggression.

Before Natsu even had time to reply, the atmosphere of the room had tensed up as the hubbub dulled slightly and people backed away, many just wanting to spent one morning at least in peace, as they knew all too well of what would inevitably follow. However, on the other end of the spectrum, people like Gajeel and Cana moved closer with grins and amused looks, already placing bets on who would win this one.

"HUH?!" The fire dragon slayer roared, setting his fists alight and immediately swinging for attack, only to be stopped just as quickly as he began as you lifted your own arm and swung it forcefully downwards, sending a flurry of ice-shards and snow in a thin wave to cut the fire mage off. The collision of Natsu's fire and your ice sent steam billowing out over the nearby people, but it got the message across.