*Laxus x Reader*

A/N, this was requested by @pineapplelover55 so please enjoy~

•Beginning After The End•

Y/N's POV:
It had been a week since Fairy Tail's disbandment, and you were still just as heartbroken.
Nonetheless, you, along with Laxus and the Raijinshū, had decided to take on board Igneel's advise to Natsu; when in a time of sadness, talk of the future.
That's when the topic of a new guild came up.
It was eventually decided that you'd join Blue Pegasus, after everyone ignored your suggestion of Sabertooth.
And so, the first day of Blue Pegasus work came around, and Laxus was less than pleased. He was way out of his comfort zone, and the sight of him clearly internally begging for help, while surrounded by doting women was close to hilarious, if it hadn't been for the jealousy that sat in the pit of your stomach.
After adjusting your uncomfortably tight dress, you put on your game face and focussed on serving and entertaining customers, while occasionally batting away one of The Trimens, as they continued their persistent pursuit of you.
For your first day, they only gave you a couple hours shift, so by 3 o'clock the five of you were free to go.
While the rest opted to sort out their new house, you and Laxus decided independently of each other to stay at the bar, as a drink was much needed.
As you sat on one of the bar stools, you rested your weary head in your hands, then heard the stool next to you squeak.
Looking over, you found the lightning dragon slayer himself sitting there, appearing just as exhausted as you were.
"Rough day?" You chuckled.
"Don't get me started." He sighed, beckoning over the bartender.
He ordered his drink, which seemed unreasonably strong for early afternoon, but then again, he was a Dreyar.
After ordering something for yourself, you raised a concern to Laxus. "Do you think you'll be able to survive here?"
He paused for a moment than shrugged. "I'll manage." Before swiftly downing his beverage.
You laughed though your nose and drank yours also.
"I've been thinking.." You began.
He glanced over to indicate that you had his attention, so you continued.
"I want to visit Fairy Tail one last time."
The mention of your previous guild was painful to the both of you, but taking a deep breath he agreed with you.
"Gramps must have had a reason to disband it, so maybe we'd find a clue. That old git." Laxus replied, clenching his first tightly.
"Let's go." You stated suddenly.
"Huh?"
"You can get us there fast can't you?"
"Yeah."
Standing up your grabbed onto one of his arms with both hands and tugged gently.
"Well lets go."
He sighed and stood up, then followed you to the outside of the guild.
With an almost awkward air, he grabbed your hand and used his magic to turn you both into lighting, which allowed you to travel inanely fast to the edge of Magnolia.
As you reappeared, Laxus was unaffected, however you were dazed with some static electricity left in your hair, making you sway in the spot for a moment.
He tsked at you and turned to see the ruins of your guild.
Having soon recovered, you also moved to study the untouched debris.
Placing your hand over the spot where your Fairy Tail affiliation once was, you had to look away quickly, because tears were threatening to fall.
All that was left of the best part of your life was ruins; left to the elements on the hard floor.
There was no grace in it, no consideration, and that's what broke your heart.
Luckily Laxus was a small distance away, picking aimlessly through the debris, so you stopped resisting and the let yourself cry.
Everything you once lived for laid in smithereens, so surely that was reason enough to be upset.
Having picked up your gentle sobs, Laxus perked his head up and produced a small sound of surprise to find you there with tears streaming down your face.
He gritted his teeth and tried to think of a way to make you feel better, so he acted upon only thing that came to mind; walking over to your smaller frame, he removed his fluffy coat and draped it over his shoulders.
"Laxus?" You questioned, gingerly grubbing the soft fur.
"You were upset." He shrugged, then walked off again to hide his flustered face.
You had always been friends with Laxus, but only as close as he'd allow a friend to get and nothing more, so this came as a surprise, given how precious his jacket was to him, but nonetheless you appreciated the gesture.
Pulling it tighter around your shoulders, you made your way over to him, while doing your best to stop it dragging on the ground.
"Those bastards really did a number on our guild." He growled as you approached, and dropped the rock he was holding to look at you.
"They sure did." You sighed, "But then again, we did a number on them."
"They deserved it."
"That is also true."
You walked past him slightly, and found the old requests board, where miraculously one sheet was still intact.
Picking it up you read the paper, and laughed softly at what you found.
"What's funny?" Laxus questioned with a frown.
"This is the request I was going to take, until you and the Raijinshū arrived in a dire condition."
He nodded and took it from you, then scanned it with his own eyes: