*Laxus x Sassy!Stubborn!Reader*

A/N, this was requested by Pixal_fox so please enjoy~

•Games•

Y/N's POV:

"Move." The tall, blonde man in front of you growled, as he stood with folded arms and an imposing air, looking down at your smaller form that sat at a table on the upper floor of the guild. To anyone else you were doing nothing wrong, but to Laxus you might as well have stabbed someone; he was strangely particular about his spot on the second floor, which was at a small table that sat by the banister, overlooking the rest of the hall. For this sole reason, you also liked the spot, so took every opportunity to move into it when he wasn't there. He was your boyfriend after all, so it was your duty to annoy the poor guy.

You looked away from him and sipped your drink, doing your best to repress a small and cheeky smile. "No." You answered defiantly. "I can sit where I want." The way you spoke, with blatant mischief and amusement laced in with stubborn sass was bound to tick the lightning mage off further, as months of practice had taught you how to push him just far enough while avoiding electrocution. You watched him clench his fists through your peripheral vision as he glared daggers, eliciting another small giggle from you, which you badly stifled.

Laxus wasn't one to give up, so relaxing his posture he stared down at you with a glint in his eyes that meant business. "If you don't move, then I'll move you." He said after a moment of seeming deliberation; the mage knew full well that you were playing a game, but it was one that he wanted to win.

"Nah." You dismissed once more with a borderline aloof manner, looking back at your boyfriend while grinning from ear to ear. As he gazed down upon at your happy face, the blonde couldn't help but soften slightly, but slightly wasn't nearly enough to make him back down. For the following seconds you stayed with eyes locked; teasing defiance meeting exasperated affection.

"Y/N..." He said simply, voice low and hushed so that his usual deep tones were no more than a growl. He may have looked deadly serious, with narrowed eyes and folded arms, but you could see by the way he held himself that he was at least half heartedly playing along. Laxus cared for you enough to participate in your acts of stubbornness, but that certainly didn't take away from his fiercely determined nature. If he wanted to sit in his usual spot, then he'd make damn sure to sit there. "You wouldn't want me to sit on you." He continued, now finding amusement himself as you paled slightly at the thought. He was a generally big person, standing at 6'3" and could probably bench press your entire body mass, so you didn't fancy getting crushed.

Slowly you stood up, making sure to block him from taking the seat for a long as possible, just drawing out your small game. "Only because you're basically a giant." You justified as Laxus finally brushed passed you and took his spot, now looking up at you in a satisfied way. He shrugged and patted his thighs, motioning for you to sit back down. Contemplating it for a brief moment, you quickly decided that you weren't done with the cheek, just being in an especially troublesome mood.

"Oi we're at the guild you perv." You teased, perching on the edge of the table instead and grinning toothily as Laxus sighed and shook his head. A couple moments of quiet passed by, until you finally decided to draw yourself up a chair and sit opposite to Laxus, leaning your elbows on the table as all excitement dissipated from your system, and boredom settled in like a bland aftertaste. Clearly this showed outwardly, as seeing the way you stared blankly yet intently at a small passing fly, Laxus stoop up from his recently gained throne, as such, and walked over the S-Class request board. Taking a request was always a good way to kill a slow moving day, and having extra cash in your pocket was never a bad thing. Taking a request was also a good way to sass the hell out of Laxus, because, well, why not?