*Jellal x depressed!reader*

A/N, trigger warning, this contains self harm and depression, I am not trying to glorify them or make fun of them as they are serious problems. Please please if you need anyone to talk to, I will listen, despite being a complete stranger on Wattpad. Aside from that, enjoy.

Y/N's POV:
You were sitting alone in your room. Broken. The lights were off, your hair was matted and there was blood dripping from cuts all over your body, a mixture of self inflicted and abuse. A dark guild had come along and massacred your home town, including your family. You begged them to kill you too but instead they beat you, raped you, and left you just on the verge of death, but still hanging onto to life.
"You'll be okay"
"The pain will go"
"It'll go away"
"You'll be okay"
You repeated over and over as you dragged your blade across any bit of your body you could reach, until your tears ran out and your hand couldn't grip the knife. Quickly bandaging yourself and pulling a hoodie on you walked out of the door. Despite it being 3am you needed to get out of your family home, which was partially destroyed. You just let you feet guide you as your brain was too numb to think and you couldn't see properly through all the tears. When you looked up again you found yourself in a forest; not caring for your safety you just carried on walking until you collapsed from exhaustion against a tree.

Jellal's POV:
I was walking with Ultear and Meredy in some woods near to where a dark guild attacked recently, looking for any clues of where they went. We decided to split up for a bit then regroup at the edge. After a while I came across a girl sleeping against a tree, she had a very pretty face but looked quite beaten up. Walking over to her I gently shook her awake.
"Hello miss, are you alright?" I ask softly. Upon seeing me her eyes widened and she shuffled away in fear.
"Hey hey, I'm not going to hurt you." I say, holding my hands up so she could see that they were empty. She looked at them for a while before crossing her legs and looking into her lap.
"Please kill me." She said in a very quiet and sad voice, shoking me so much I fell over.
"S-sorry what?" I ask, almost afraid of the answer.
"They took everything. My friends. My family. My happiness. They broke me." She said, starting to cry. I gently placed my hand on her back, making her tense up, and I said,
"No, I won't kill you, I couldn't possibly do that. But what I can do is heal you."
"How?" She said in a louder voice "I'm broken beyond repair."
"I know you won't accept this sentence, but you're not. I just know it. Please let me try and help you."
She remained silent with the tears still flowing, so instinctively I pulled her into a hug. This clearly shocked her as she tensed up again, but after about a minute she relaxed then hesitantly hugged back.
"My name is Y/N" she said, voice muffled by my shoulder.
"Jellal" I said, rubbing her back in what I hoped was a comforting way. We eventually broke apart and I took her hand, leading her to find Ultear and Meredy. Once we had regrouped I introduced her, and they were both as welcoming as usual. I could see that the healing process had already started as she smiled.

Y/N's POV:
I have no clue why these people are being so nice to me, especially Jellal, as I was just a beaten up girl he found in the woods, yet he already wanted to help me. I already knew that I'd be with these people for a long time, as Jellal was still protectively holding my hand, and I'd smiled for the first time since the dark guild came. It was going to be a long process, but I as long as I had Jellal, Ultear and Meredy, I knew that I'd recover.

A/N, as I said in the beginning, self harm and depression are serious topics that I am not trying to glorify.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, despite the dark nature of it and I'm sorry that it's shorter than the others.
Next up, Rogue.
~Merry <3