*Natsu x reader*

A/N, this is my first ever one shot, so please enjoy.

Lucy's POV:
Today at the guild was no different than any other, but something seemed off... wait, Natsu hasn't fought with Gray the whole time he's been here?! Despite the constant taunts and insults coming from the latter.
"Mira" I called beckoning to the friendly barmaid.
"Hello Lucy, what can I do for you?" She replied
"What's wrong with Natsu? Has Erza had an extra intimidating talk with him?"
"Oh no, well maybe, it's just that Y/N is due back today" Mira replied with a beaming smile.
"Y/N? Whose that?" I asked, curious as to how the mere thought of someone returning could subdue Natsu.
"She's been gone for a long time on an S class mission, almost a year now I think; she was called by the king to train and command an army to fight in a war far away from Magnolia"
"Wow, I assume her and Natsu are good friends then?"
"Oh yeah definitely" Mira said with a small laugh "she's always up for a fight and will laugh at anything, so when she joined a year after Natsu did, they immediately bonded"
"Hm, I almost dread to think what it's like to have another person fighting Natsu at any given opportunity"
"It's not as bad as you may think" Mira replied "she's incredibly strong so the fights don't last very long"

3rd person POV:

Lucy sat for a moment deep in thought while Mira picked up a glass to clean before Lucy asked about Y/N's magic.
"She's a fire god slayer" Mira said casually, causing lucy to choke on her drink.
"God slayer?!" She exclaimed "wait.. like Zancrow?" Lucy asked quietly.
"Yeah, they're related, but just don't mention it to Y/N, or we'll have to patch yet another hole in the roof"
"Noted" replies Lucy, even more curious about Y/N now.
Suddenly the doors flew open and in walked a girl with H/C hair which was pulled into space buns, a black skater skirt, a red crop top and a leather jacket that had flames around the bottom,  as well as knee high boots, red lipstick and a huge smile. She was very petty yet badass Lucy thought.
"Y/N!!" Natsu cried, racing towards her, initially looking like he was going to hug her, until he lit his fist on fire and aimed it for her face, which she caught in one hand, and used the other to punch him in the stomach, sending him flying.
"Nastu!" Shouted Lucy "when will you learn?"
But Natsu being Natsu that comment was in vein and he just leaped up and charged towards her again, despite the fact that now she was surrounded in people welcoming her back. He just shoved them out of the way, and this time engulfed her in a bone breaking hug.

Y/N's POV:
Just as I expected, Natsu already wanted to fight, but if he didn't, well he wouldn't be the Natsu in know and love. Wait love?! What am I thinking he's my best friend?
I didn't have much time to ponder though as many familiar faces soon greeted me, asking about the job to which I eagerly answered, secretly loving the attention. Then all of a sudden, Natsu appeared again, but this time he hugged me. It's not like he's never done it before, so why am I feeling weird about it now?
"Welcome back" he said, voice muffled into my shoulder
"Glad to be back" I reply, hugging him back, causing a few people so 'aw'.
When he eventually let go he had his signature grin on again, saying that there was someone he needed to introduce to me. Taking my hand he dragged me over to the bar.
"Slow down Natsu, I've just come back for an agonisingly long journey"
"Sorry Y/N but this is important" he said, coming to an abrupt holt, causing me to slam into his back.
"Whoops sorry Y/N, but this is Lucy, the newest addition to team Natsu"
"It's nice to meet you" she said with a smile, holding out her hand.
I took it with a slight pang of jealousy, which just confused me further, and caused a frown to appear on my face.
"You alright Y/N?" Natsu asked
"Yeah I'm fine just tired" I lied "I'm just going to rest upstairs for a bit, I'll be back in a shortly"
"Oh okay.." said a slightly disheartened Natsu as you walked off deep in thought.
'Could I like Natsu? No. Wait. Maybe... aghhh' you thought to yourself setting your hair on fire as it always did when you were basically anything but happy.
"Oi, short stuff, your hair is blinding me, do something about it." Said Laxus from the table next to you.
"Oh sorry sparky, didn't see you there" you replied.
"Well no shit, you were too busy glaring at your feet" said Laxus with a smirk "finally realised that you like ash brain?" He continued.
"Wait what?!" You exclaim "how did you know?!.. I mean no." You say, almost frantically.
"Well it is kind of obvious, you two do everything together, he's constantly making you laugh, and he's the only one you've hugged since you got back" he stated with a blank face.
"Well first off he hugged me, and secondly, I'm easy to amuse" you retort glaring at the yellow haired lightning freak.
"Hey hey no need to get defensive woman, I was just saying, anyway now you have realised it just go make out in a cupboard or something, anything to calm your damn hair"
"What? No!" You say, "he probably doesn't even like me like that, and why a cupboard?"
"Ugh I don't know, why the hell are you coming to me for relationship advice?" He says, resting his head on his hand.
"I'm not." You point out "but how can I find out if he likes me?"
"Jealousy" he states simply "pay attention to Gray and see how he reacts, you know how hotheaded he is"
"Hm, okay, thanks Laxus."
"Don't mention it" he said in a bored tone as you walk away.
You get downstairs and head straight for Gray, smirking as you feel Natsu's eyes on your back.
"Hey Gray" you say sweetly "mind if I sit here?"
"Oh hi Y/N, yeah no problem"
As you sit down you spot a pair of large blue eyes glaring at you, but you just ignore it, as if they tried anything funny you'd just fling them through the roof, given that that was a little hobby of yours.
"So, how've you been?" You ask, shuffling closer to him
"Um good?" He says "Y/N are you okay? You're very out of character" he says, observing the way you've pushed your breasts up, and are sitting very close to him, making him swallow hard.
"Yeah yeah just peachy" you say
leaning toward his ear you whisper; "I'm trying to make Natsu jealous to make sense of both mine and his feelings"
"Oh right, welp it's working as here comes flame prick now" said Gray, putting an arm around you with a smirk.
"Y/N" Natsu said in a cross tone "come with me a sec"
"Yeah sure" you say, sticking your tongue out at Gray as he gives you a wink, mouthing 'have fun'.
Natsu stars dragging you for the second time today, this time out of the guild.

Lucy's POV:
I giggle as Natsu loses his composure watching Y/N flirt with Gray until he gets up and storms over.
"Mira" I call again "Natsu liiikkes heerr" I say, cringing slightly as I realise that happy has rubbed off on me.
"Aye!" Says the little blue fur ball next to me.
"I ship them so much!" Fan girls Mira, with hearts in her eyes.

Y/N's POV:
Natsu continues his power walk out of the guild, and into the near by park, where he makes his way over to and sits by the tree in the centre. He faces away from you and buries his face in his hands.
"Natsu" You say softly, reaching out to touch his shoulder. He stiffens up at your touch, still avoiding your gaze.
"I'm sorry Y/N"
"For what?" You ask.
"For letting my feelings get the best of me and dragging you away from ice princess when you two were clearly having fun." He says with a very sad look. "You should go back to him, finish what you started"
"No" you say, making him snap his head towards you with a confused look,
"No" you repeat "I'm the one who should be saying sorry"
He tilts his head slightly, questioning why, which just puts more butterflies in your stomach because of his cuteness.
"I may be good on the battlefield, but I'm about as useless as penguin with no feet on a football team when it comes to feelings, so when I realised I liked you I didn't know what to do, so I followed Laxus's advise of making you jealous to see if you reciprocated them. I'm sorry it was a stupid idea which only made you upset" you say, feeling very guilty.
Natsu just sat there, as if figuring something out, then he leapt up and grabbed your shoulders saying:
"You just said you liked me"
"Wait what.. I did.. shit" you say, face heating up to resemble Erza's hair.
"That's the best news ever!!" He shouts, lifting you up and spinning around.
"I've liked you for ages but I never knew what to say as I thought you'd just probably just throw me through the roof."
"Wait Natsu, you actually like me too?" You say, swaying from the dizziness.
"Yes!" He replies, beaming at you.
Your face lit up as you pull him into another hug, just about ready to cry from pure elation.  After a while you break apart, and you were just about to ask if that made you official when he butts in and says :
"Can I try something?"
You reply with yes, causing him to crash his lips onto yours, taking you by surprise for a second, but you quickly kiss back. It was a very sweet yet slightly rough kiss, which you thought represented Natsu perfectly.
You briefly break apart for air before lunging forward again, this time he dragged his tongue across your bottom lip to which you eagerly opened your mouth letting him explore, while dancing your tongues together. Your hands found their way to his hair, tugging slightly causing him to groan, while he had one hand on the small of your back and the other on the back of your head. Breaking apart once more, panting for air with a trail of saliva connecting you too, you wondered how far that would have gone if you weren't in a public area. Your thoughts were cut short by Mira, Lucy, Gray and Happy running towards you two clapping and cheering; Mira congratulated you while Lucy took a photo, Happy was teasing and Gray folded his arms looking smug. You were still too dazed from the kiss to fight them off, and there was no roof to kick them through, so there was no point.
You and Natsu just looked at each other and shrugged, ready for your new life together of both eating fire for a meal in your shared home and fighting simply because you were bored.

A/N, Well that's that, hope you enjoyed. Given that this is my first ever one I feel like it maybe went on a bit long but oh well. Please tell me what you think, and/or request, because that way I can improve.

Next up will be Gajeel, unless someone requests otherwise.

~Merry <3