*Gildarts x Reader Part 2*

A/N, this was requested by @ElleNite and @TheOnlyPanda so please enjoy~
Sequel to Immature.

•Not So Evil Stepmother•

Y/N's POV:

The first day of dating Gildarts was probably the strangest experience of your life. By no means was it bad, in fact it makes for a very good story, but nonetheless the day was strange. Immediately after he asked you to date him, and you had agreed, the pair of you, as grown adults, had played a lengthy game of cherry knocking, then after exhausting that you both kicked over an outside bin each, then bought cans of cider (legally) and drank them in the park, and then finally you vandalised the bench that you were sat on by carving carving your names into it. And all of it was under the excuse of 'feeling like teens again'.

As it turns out, after your teen years are over you can't ever really go back, as you begin to fully realise that your actions have consequences for other people, meaning that petty releases of angst in the form of being a public nuisance never feels as good as it did at the ripe young age of 16-ish. Despite that, you and Gildarts had seemingly regressed slightly in your lovestruck states, as days like that first one weren't uncommon, just in a much milder and low-key pitch.

Since then it had been a month, and as Gildarts had decided to stay at Fairy Tail for a bit, it marked the longest he'd ever spent not away on a job. He had told everyone else, including Cana, that it was so he could properly rest after his run-in with Acnologia, but really it was to spend time with you, as his new girlfriend. Keeping the secret from Cana didn't sit well with either of you, but you both deemed it necessary until you were certain that the whole thing would last.

Unfortunately Cana especially had been getting suspicious recently, as she always managed to pick up on whenever you and Gildarts were speaking to each other, and was on high alert anyway as her father never spent enough time at Fairy Tail. Not to mention the fact that she had openly encouraged you to make a move on the crash mage, so felt a little hurt as you weren't telling her how that went.

Turns out that the day marking exactly one month since you and Gildarts started dating was the last of Cana's patience. Where beforehand she would have just ignored it and drank a little over her usual amount instead, this time she still got drunk, but confronted you about it instead.

"Hey Y/N, so did anything happen between you and my old man?" She cooed in her drunken state, waving the mug she was holding near your face and swaying slightly in her seat. In contrast to her seemingly relaxed state, you stiffened up and met her gaze uneasily. The look on your face must have given everything away, but you just hoped that the beer would distract her from your scared shock.

"Oh no don't wor- actually... Cana, do you fancy coming over to mine for dinner tonight?" You replied, initially putting your walls up and waving airily, but just as swiftly changing your tone. It didn't seem right to keep her in the dark any more, so you'd made the decision to at least delay the inevitable until that evening.

Cana looked a little deflated for a split second, but downed some of her alcohol and smiled instead. "Huh? Sure, you better have good drink there though." The card mage answered, much to your relief.

"Don't worry, my house is well stocked." You laughed, feeling somewhat pleased as Cana wasn't pushing the topic further for the moment. Yet, as if to counteract your close save, right after you had spoken Gildarts called over to you from across the guild, beckoning you to him. Every Fairy Tail member could see that you'd grown much closer to the Crash mage, so maybe keeping the secret was redundant, but you were way too stubborn to just let it drop until the decision was formally made.