*Gajeel x Infant!Reader Part 3*

A/N, this was requested by @pheonixfire so please enjoy. ^^

•For The Love Of Coffee•

Y/N's POV:

Gajeel had always been a protective father; doing his best to keep you safe and out of harms way without exception for the 16 years you'd been under his care.

That is why you had always kept any crushes of yours from him, as as soon as you expressed an interest in someone, no matter how minor or fleeting that would be, he would surely march over and lecture them about not daring to even think of touching you. This is of course excluding all your crushes on fictional characters, because he couldn't lecture them, or worry about the implications because it was perpetually unrequited, much to your dismay.

Luckily for you, it became pretty easy to hide your feelings for a certain someone from him, because you had the perfect excuse.

Coffee.

It may sound seemingly random or clichéd, but you had your eye on one of the baristas at your local coffee shop, The Coffee Spoon; making it easy to go see them without suspicion.

They were roughly your age and attended your school, given that there's only one sixth form college in Magnolia; the coffee shop job only being part time to pay for all the regular teenage activities.

Despite this, you barely saw them in school, let alone had the courage to go and talk with them, especially being the year below, as you felt strangely inferior.

Given that it was a Saturday, you had woken up later than usual, and decided to make your regular trip to your favourite coffee shop.

Once you were up and dressed it was mid/late morning, but not too late that your trip would merge in to lunch.

"Bye dad, I'm off out." You called through the house while pulling your shoes on, resting your hand on the painted wall for balance.

"Where're you goin'?" He shouted back with a tone that wasn't suspicious, but more curious in a suspicious way.

It was always a pointless question, as you were always going to the same place, but out of the interest of being polite you answered truthfully every single time.

"The Coffee Spoon. I'll be back before lunch."

"You sure do go there a lot." He replied, voice getting closer as he presumably walked through the house to meet you by the door.

A fleeting flutter of anxiety swept through your stomach at the thought that he might be connecting the dots, so you replied slowly and carefully. "Well... that's because I like it there, it's close and relatively cheap."

"You sure that's it?" He questioned with a hint of sternness, appearing in the doorway to your right and leaning against it casually.

You just shrugged and nodded, fishing your keys from within your pocket; the jingling sound they made echoing through the silent corridor.

Gajeel raised and eyebrow, or his metal version of an eyebrow, at you, so with as much of an innocent face as you could muster, you just looked at him blankly.