*Jackal x Reader*

A/N, this was requested by @darkzorua so please enjoy~

•Two Halves Of A Whole•

Y/N's POV:

Being the only fully human member of Tartaros was... interesting. By no means were you less of a fighter or a personality than any of the gates, but some other members viewed you as inferior simply because you weren't born of an oversized test tube. Regardless, you did have one talent that none of the demons possessed, being the original reason why they took you on: the power of interrogation. No magic involved, as the magic you possessed was entirely unrelated, just an uncanny knack to scare, trick, and occasionally seduce information out of people. You were in charge of the majority of information gathering for the guild, most often being accompanied by your boyfriend, Jackal, as he'd be the brawn to your brains. You'd work as a team to collectively produce the ultimate fighter, resulting in an extremely high success rate even as the assignments turned to wiping out an entire league of guilds, while finding out their secrets along the way; guilds such as The Cave Demons: a dark guild that you and Jackal had been told to target, so were in the process of destroying.

Your hard-soled shoes clicked an echoing and rhythmic melody as you walked down a wide hall of the guild you were storming, the noise bouncing off of the rough stone walls to mark your arrival. Your partner, Jackal, has gone ahead of you, leaving destruction and a loud laugh in his wake; his natural habitat was a battle ground which made him right at home wherever he could use his curse. The effects were devastating for whoever was unlucky enough to encounter the bomb curse user, making you almost relived to be one of the very few people that were on his good side.

Turning a corner you arrives at your destination, which was the main area of this underground guild: a large cave-like room with all the necessities for everyday dark guild life. You, as well as the other gates, had been tasked with the disposal of all guilds that associates themselves with Tartaros, as they were no more than blind and ignorant followers who would inevitably get in the way of your plans guild's plan. You immediately spotted Jackal triumphantly holding someone up by the back of their collar, the victim red faced and gasping to breathe.

"Put him down, I need him alive." You said to Jackal sternly, swiftly approaching as the demon reluctantly dropped the man and watched him scurry away. He didn't get very far as Jackal's foot soon found it's way to the guild master's back, halting the hostage instantly in his fruitless escape attempt. You just rolled your eyes as the demon gate's sadistic side flourished, a broad grin present on Jackal's face to show off his canine-like pointed teeth. "I'll take it from here." You said again, cracking your knuckles as a sign that you were serious, crouching down to the level of the man who now lay on the floor, playing dead.

"I'll see if there's anything good here." Jackal replied, having lost interest in the guild master to instead raid the establishment for any treasure he may find. No matter how many times you reminded him that Tartaros was far from a treasure hunting guild, the demon wouldn't listen and just make a point of collecting more items.

• • •

It didn't take you long to determine that this guild was just another group of people with an interest in havoc, so chose to associate with Tartaros for reputations sake, meaning that all was left to do was for Jackal to blow the place up, which is exactly what he did.

The wreckage of the once-guild smouldered behind you and Jackal as the pair of you wandered off back towards where The Cube had landed, hand in hand upon your request.