*Sting x Pregnant!Reader*

A/N, this was requested by @Prince-Sting, so please enjoy~

•Lazy Days•

Y/N'S POV:

3:00am – a time you saw way too often these days. Well, that's what happens when you're growing a little human being inside of your own body.

The kitchen clock in your house ticked away rhythmically, hands pointing to 20 minutes past 3 in the morning as you stared blankly at the glass face. Your hands were on your swollen belly, and being 7 months along you had quite the bump, so with gentle movements you rubbed small soothing circles, deciding in that moment that although you'd miss your baby bump, you were getting tired of pregnancy.

C'mon... Where is he?..

Another unfortunate side effect of carrying a child, other than disturbed sleep, was the inability to keep to subtle emotions, apparent especially so during the last month or two as you'd been at extremes of feelings only, and right now you were hungry, tired, and impatiatient, so therefore just about ready to rip someone's head off; you had woken up abruptly about half an hour ago, wanting nothing more and nothing less than pickles and peanut butter... and as disgusting as it may sound, that's what you and baby wanted, so that was what you were going to eat. The only downfall being that you'd run out of gherkins, so someone (otherwise known as your husband, Sting) had to go get more immediately.

Glancing once more at the clock you huffed in annoyance, tapping your fingers on the table impatiently as your fluffy dressing gown slipped off of one shoulder. Sting had always done his very best to care for you during the pregnancy so getting impatient with him just made you feel guilty, but being sleepy and hangry left you in an incurable state of anger.

Finally the welcome click of the front door sounded out to signal Sting's return home from one of Crocus' 24-hour supermarkets, him appearing in the archway leading to where you were sat with a tired look on his features and a plastic bag clutched in his right hand. The dragon slayer wordlessly placed his shopping on the table next to your frame and knelt down in front of you, placing his hands on your bump and then resting his face against your belly, hugging it with a small sigh.

All of your grievances were forgotten in that moment, as you placed your hand atop Sting's head and slowly ran your fingers through his immaculate blonde hair, a warmth slowly spreading through your body stemming from Sting's touch. A couple people may have had their doubts, but in your eyes, with all the small things he did and all the happiness he brought to people, Sting was going to make the perfect father.

"Thank you sweetie." You smiled down at your clearly shattered husband, his eyes heavily lidded and subtly lined.

"Anything for you." He sighed back, winking at you playfully as you rolled your eyes, eventually giving in to his stare and chuckling under your breath.

Sting continued to stay laid against your stomach for a moment or two longer, listening to the tiny heartbeat of your child with his heightened dragon slayer hearing... it was something he liked to do quite often, but in the early hours of the morning, where almost everything else, including the trees and birds, were perfectly still, and a quiet gave the best setting.

However, despite the cute contentedness you felt, you still hadn't eaten, so a sudden rumbling in your stomach broke Sting's peace and reminded you both why you were awake at such a time, so grabbing the shopping from the bag and slowly prying your sleepy husband from embracing you, you managed to make yourself a pickle and peanut butter sandwich to finally appease your cravings.