*Wendy x Abused!Suicidal!Reader Part 2*

A/N, this was requested by pheonexfire and @pakachuboss so please enjoy~
Trigger warning.

•Healing•

Y/N's POV:

After saving your life, Wendy never left your side; even going as far as sleeping next to your hospital bed during your stay in the suicide watch ward at Magnolia hospital. Once you were discharged, she let your move in with her at Fairy Hills, so that you'd have her help and support 24/7, and once there, you were able to see the improvements within yourself almost immediately.

So far, two months had passed since that day on the roof, and you were now happy and stable enough to let people visit you, and even to go to the guild occasionally, but that by no means meant you were out of the rough. Before, you may have viewed situations in black and white, yes or no, life or death, but now you could see the shades in between; you could see the grey colours of the maybes. Meaning, that you were able to push the self-destructive and negative thoughts away enough to be able to interpret people's actions and events for what they were, instead of viewing them as if they were directed at you in a malicious way. That was the main progress you'd made so far, and why visiting the guild was now attainable.

Arguably the most difficult times to deal with were the days that you woke up knowing something was wrong. It was always immediately obvious to you that today you would feel low from the very start, instead of something triggering you mid way through, therefore setting you up for 12 hours of inner torture and disinterest.

Unfortunately, today was one of those days.

• • •

Having woken up in the early hours of the morning with a black cloud looming over your mind, you were unable to fall back asleep, so decided it was best to change your scenery. Leaving your room, which was in fact a covered office, you made your way slowly to Wendy and Charla's living room, then sat on the sofa with the curtains closed, to cast a dimmer light, and a thick silence floating all around.

After an hour or so, your blue haired friend had gotten up to go out briefly to go and buy some food, aided by Lucy, thus leaving you alone with the white exceed, who was currently elsewhere in the house. Charla cared for you just as Wendy did, to which you were eternally grateful, but she didn't have Wendy's softness, or knack for interpreting your elusive statements.

Breathing deeply you stared blackly ahead, unaware of anything and everything. It was almost as if someone put you on pause, given the way your muscles were tensed and still, and your eyes focussed on nothing. Everything was still in the worst way, mirroring a bottomless pool with undisturbed black and murky waters, where the first drip to break the surface would just trigger a chain reaction of ripples to shake the plane and throw the balance. That's how fragile and vulnerable you felt.

It was peace taken with a pinch of salt, as you couldn't yet find peace, but the absence of upset, regret, and anger was peace enough.

Being so deep within your, thankfully, silent headspace, you were yet to notice Wendy's arrival back home. She had already deposited her purchases in the kitchen and poked her head around the door, to find you sat cross-legged with a far away expression. Not an unusual sight, but a unwelcome one as it always meant you were down.

"Y/N..." she called softly, moving further into the room on light feet. "Y/N, I'm back."

The second time your name was called it registered, and you snapped back to reality and turned your head to face your friend. Smiling habitually you greeted her, voice betraying your relatively positive expression with it's monotonous undertones and almost inaudible volume. "Welcome home, did you get anything nice?"