*Cheater!Laxus x Reader*

A/N, this was requested by @cxybabu_ so please enjoy~
Warning: lots of swearing and some mature themes... I usually try to omit the more adult themes (yes I know I'm still not quite and adult myself) and avoid swearing as to make my writing as universal as I can, but for this one I just let it slip, so be wary if you're younger or sensitive.

•Ignorance•

Y/N's POV:

You shouldn't have eavesdropped. You knew you shouldn't have; let alone being rude generally, now as a result of listening in you had a weight in your stomach and a tightness in your chest that choked your breathing... But what if you hadn't? If you hadn't lingered for that moment and listened to the words being spoken on the other side of the door then you'd be in blind oblivion to the hidden dynamics of your relationship with Laxus. Some say that ignorance is bliss, and in a way it is, as you were definitely happier whilst ignorant to the situation, but without the knowledge you gained from eavesdropping, other people would continue know more about your own partnership than you did, which is a down right pitiful situation to be in.

Stumbling backwards from where you had your head hovering close the door of the Fairy Tail kitchen, you made clumsy paces down the corridor, the words you'd just heard ringing in your ears painfully.

"Laxus stoppp, Y/N's in the guild today."

"So? She won't come down here. C'mon Mira, it's not like you to say no."

"Mm that's because it's impossible to say no to you~."

"Heh, you know it."

The memory from merely a minute ago felt both like a fresh wound and and old scar that finally had an explanation. You'd felt like you were drifting from Laxus — no, more like he was drifting from you — for a while now, so to have justification was relief in the most painful sense of the word. You were hurt and you were livid, along side being devastated and scared; to have your boyfriend cheat on you was bad enough, but to have him do it at the guild, where you and all your guild friends were, just felt mocking and malicious.

Unknowingly in your blind shell-shock you'd managed to make it out of the building, opting to take a backdoor instead of try and negotiate through the main hall, as you couldn't face seeing anyone right now.

As soon as the outside light hit your face you began to run. You ran without thinking about where you were going, but instinctively your legs took you to where you felt safest outside of your own home: it was a spot on the edge of Magnolia where the countryside began, on top of a hill there that had trees on all sides except from the edge facing the city, so that the whole of the settlement was visible. Being up there and looking down was like observing a painting of Magnolia instead, as you could see everything but no one could see you. The seclusion was what made you feel safe.

Your vision was blurry from the warm tears that had been spilling ever since you stepped foot out of the guild, but having made the journey so many times it was second nature, meaning that proper sight wasn't necessary.

With a tight throat and a tight stomach you arrived at your destination, slumping down on the grass immediately in a pitiful, heartbroken heap. The plant life felt tickling against your skin whilst the ground underneath was hard and relatively compact, but no little details were noticed by you in that moment. You didn't have the time to catch your breath as the tears made that difficult with the sharp breaths that you couldn't control, and the utter hopelessness that you felt almost gave up on you and your irregular breathing all together.