*Laxus x Reader x Gray*

A/N, this was requested by @NightArrowz so please enjoy~

•A Brewing Storm•

Y/N's POV:

Oh of course it has to rain now of all times.

It had been a long day, not at the guild, but at home, which you had spent hunched over your desk trying desperately to edit Lucy's novel before the weekend. You'd agreed to help her, but at the time didn't anticipate just how much of it needed... improvement, so now with just two days until you promised to have it done by, you were stressed from the haste and sore from staying in one position for too long. Therefore, to clear your head, calm your nerves, and stretch out your muscles, you'd decided to take an evening walk. At the time when you left, the skies were clear and only darkening from the later time of day, but as soon as you were far from home and about to turn back, angry clouds seemingly raced in from nowhere and the heavens opened, drenching you within minutes.

As you had no coat or umbrella you had resorted to speed-walking with your head down, accepting the fact that your feet were numb from the cold dampness and that your hair would cling uncomfortably to your face. Overall it was not a relaxing walk.

C'mon, just about ten more minutes. You can do this Y/N.

You tired to encourage yourself but nothing was working as you began to shiver and felt thoroughly miserable, scowling at your feet instead in hopes of something working. Matters only became worse as the low rumble of thunder filled your ears, signalling the starts of a thunderstorm. Your situation was rapidly becoming dire as sheet lighting flashed overhead and the cold was making your chest tight while you tried your best to keep up a fast pace, but in a strange feat of luck you vaguely registered someone walk up behind you, who dropped a heavy yet warm coat over your head.

Initially startled you whipped around to see what was going on, but you soon breathed a sigh of relief as Laxus stood there with his shirt getting steadily wetter as the rain fell where his coat had covered until a moment ago. Through the grey sheets of water you smiled at the lighting mage and pulled his coat around your shoulders, no longer shivering or too cold.

"Thank you Laxus, you're a life saver." You uttered appreciatively, before suddenly getting worried so began to loosen your grip on the garment to offer it back. "Wait, are you sure this is okay? You're getting wet now and my clothes are already soaked, they'll make the inside of your coat damp." You said in a blur of syllables, not wanting your friend to suffer at your expense.

"Oi, stop complaining and warm up. You were shivering like a leaf." Laxus huffed in response, not meeting your gaze as he instead looked off to one side and folded his arms. The purple shirt he wore had now gone from speckled to completely drenched, and had also become a little see-through, so as to not stare you busied yourself with adjusting the borrowed coat, pulling it so that the fur trim tickled your chin, allowing you to feel as you'd imagine a cat does when they stretch out by an open fire in a hearth, despite the bucketing rain that hammered on your head and face.

Resuming your course, which coincided with Laxus's, you briskly walked next to the taller male, thinking for a moment before coming up with an idea. "Well as a return gesture you can come back to mine to dry off. I live closer to here than you do." You offered, shocked at yourself for how casually you got the words out, despite inviting the sometimes intimidating Laxus Dreyar into your home.