*Aries x Male!Reader*

A/N, this was requested by @funnylego so please enjoy.

•Her Smile•

Y/N's POV:
Being a long time member of Blue Pegasus, you loved it there, as it was home and the members were your non-genetic family, however over time you saw it change because of a single person.
Karen.
She let the fame get to her head, and it corrupted her completely.
Most people were too blind to notice, but she is nothing short of an abuser, to her celestial spirits specifically, and you were one of the first to raise concerns.
Today you watched her force Aries to 'entertain' a groups of hormonal men; they tussled and teased her, saying inappropriate things that clearly upset her and made her extremely uncomfortable.
One thing you'd always admired about Aries was her smile; she would rarely show it, and it was usually always be small, but when she was happy the corners of her lips would curl upwards slightly. That small movement would light up her whole face.
That sweet and innocent spirit, who's as shy as she is cute, was the one Karen turned a blind eye to; even going as far as ignoring Master Bob's warning.
That's what you grew to hate about every day life at the guild.

It was late on the same day, so you were ambling down the hallway towards your apartment, taking time to enjoy the familiar surroundings.
A raised voice coming from within one of the apartments caught your attention, and once you tuned in it was obvious it was Karen, especially as you were right outside where she lived.
You couldn't make out her exact words, but you did pick up on the threats she was giving.
It started off with her threatening to beat who ever was in there again, but she then got angrier and said that she'd make them stay in the human world for seven days.
It was obvious she was talking to a spirit, most likely Aries, and seven days could potentially be a death sentence.
You couldn't just walk away and leave the spirit to suffer more under their owner, so barging the door open you barrelled in.
The sight of Karen in her skimpy outfit and bright green hair, holding a bamboo paddle, with Aries kneeling at her feet while weeping, greeted you.
You almost went to strangle the celestial mage, but instead roughly pushed her to the side and offered a hand to Aries.
"Y/N! What are you doing?" Karen demanded, stamping her foot childishly.
You didn't turn to look at her, but instead encouraged Aries to her feet, replying curtly. "Helping."
"This is none of your business, now leave." She commanded, using the paddle to point at the door.
"Not until you allow her to go home." You said, still gently holding Aries' arm.
"I've told you that doesn't concern you, now go!"
Karen was getting increasingly worked up, as the pink in her cheeks indicated, but you were going to stand your ground.
Stepping in between spirit and owner you held our arm out protectively.
"You know seven days could kill her, and it is completely unnecessary, so, let. Her. Go."
Karen didn't get to say anything in reply, as Aries suddenly disappeared, and instead Leo stood in her place.
Initially ignoring Karen's hysterical protests he turned to you.
"Y/N, would you go make sure Aries is okay for me? I have business here and I won't be returning for a while." He said quickly, while thrusting some clothes into your arms.
You agreed to, and Leo sent you to the celestial world, as you managed to change on the way.
You were a M/T mage, not a celestial mage, so you had no experience with the magic or the whole other celestial world, past chatting with Leo and Aries when Karen summoned them to be around the guild.
You had grown very fond of the Ram Zodiac, which is why you were able to see Karen for what she really was, and gave you the desire to get Aries to smile more.
Once you landed, the surroundings and atmosphere were nothing similar to that of the human world, as stars plastered the midnight blue sky, and small floating planets hung in all directions. Bright colours made up everything you could see, and the architecture was clean-lined yet ornate.
The gravity also felt slightly different, as you were lighter and bouncier on your feet.
Looking around it appeared empty, until you caught sight of the pink haired zodiac spirit in question, sitting on a bench with her face in her hands.
You walked over, fixing your clumsily thrown on outfit as you went, and softly sat beside her.
Her head shot up, and her large brown eyes widened in shock to see you in the celestial world.
"Y-Y/N? What a-are you doing here?" She asked quietly, adding on "Sorry."
"Leo asked me to come here in his place, so are you okay?" You replied.
"I'm sorry! Yes, I'm okay." She said with a forced smile, but her worry was evident in her body language and behind her eyes.
Placing a hand on her shoulder you smiled sadly. "Aries, you don't have to lie about that, I'm here to make sure you feel better."
She just nodded and apologised again, while slowly wringing her hands in anxiety.
"Leo will be fine, he should be able to talk some sense into Karen, and even if she does make him stay there, he's strong, so he can take it."
There was a moment's silence until she replied.
"I just don't want him to take the pain for me." She breathed, looking down in her lap.
"He's just doing what any friend would do."
Aries turned her head to face you, and trough watery eyes and furrowed eyebrows she smiled weakly.
"Sorry.."
"-Please, you don't need to say sorry so much."
You shifted slightly in your seat so that your body was turned to face her.
"I'm sorry! But, is that why you're here? Even though time moves much faster than it does in the human world."
He slightly tilted head, and glassy eyes from the tears struck a cord in your heart, but you still nodded enthusiastically.
"Of course."
In that moment, nothing else mattered, but you and the spirit you cared so deeply for; none of the dark blue and gold surrounds were important, or that you'd miss so much back home. The couple of on lookers and the fact that your top was inside-out went unnoticed by you.
The tears began to roll down her cheeks once more as she smiled at you.
You hoped you'd helped a little at least, so thinking she was more upset than before you got worried.
"Wha- Aries?"
"S-Sorry..." She sniffed, "Y/N, thank you."
Breathing an internal sigh of relief you returned her smile and took hold of her hand.
After initial hesitation she closed her pale, yet dainty fingers around your own, studying the sight of your hands intertwined carefully.
Your own eyes wandered back up to her face, and you took a moment to trace the subtle lines that formed from her concentration, along with her pink-tinted, tear-stained cheeks that would occasionally catch the light of a star, as well as her lips, that curled into a small smile at the corners, which in turn reflected the emotion in her eyes.
As you say in a comfortable silence, her head dropped onto your shoulder, and her eyes fluttered shut and breathing became shallow and steady.
Even in her sleep she wore that small smile, to which you were pleased that she could smile though what happened with Karen, so if you could allow her to do that until she was free, you vowed that you would.

A/N, hope you enjoyed. •^-^•
Comment, request and vote!
~Merry <3