Chapter XXI: Yamanako's Past, Temptress Rising, and Luigi's Funeral

***Yay! This is the debut chapter of my new co-writer, SnowRukaya95! Starting with this chapter, the chapters will get longer and have more action and detail in them, so i hope everyone enjoys this awesome chapter!***

Yamanako's Past, the Rise of the Temptress, and the Funeral of Guardians

I fell to the ground completely drained of power, but pride coursed through my every vein. That was the longest fight I've ever had! Yamanako Onikawa was quite powerful for such a young boy, but he didn't look no more than 9 years old!

"Do you need some help Master Miles?" Yamanako asked as he held out his hand to me. I grabbed his hand and got up, brushing myself off in the process.

This was one of the best days of my life; a victory against one of the demonic Akitoki clan! I stood there priding in the heat of victory when Yamanako asked what was wrong.

"Nothing is wrong Yamanako. Do you want to come with me?", I said as I motioned with my hands for him to hang on as I accelerated my tails on a high breeze. Yamanako was quiet except for the look of freedom on his face as he closed his eyes and held out his arms. We continued to fly on through the sparkling night sky over New Mobotropolis. I let the wind blow my hair as I headed for the nearest roof to my feet. I landed on a nearby temple, and I let Yamanako down first before I laid on the ground. I sat beside him and began playing the game of 21 Questions.

"So you are one of the beholders of this great powers we call the Chaos Power and the Phase Power?", I asked. He looked through the whipping wind and stared at the starry sky.

"Yes I do Master Miles. I have been training just so I could surpass you and Master Banjo in sheer power! I think all that training has really paid off!", he said, his eyes ablaze with passion.

I looked at the boy; his hair whipping in the wind and over his eyes. I stared at him for a long time in silence. I have never met anyone this young that holds this level of power!. It still amazes me to this very moment!

"When exactly did you gain control of your powers? And why so early?", I asked. He waited for a moment his nose in the sharp air, his head to the sky still.

"I gained this power on my 9th birthday apparently. I couldn't use it at first because I nearly hurt people, for it was my excitement that was the trigger to my powers. I slowly learned to control my power by thinking hard thoughts, having anger pointed towards so many. The people of the city pushed me away because of the destruction I caused. The injuries my power has inflicted was so great.... So I looked to training my efforts for not even the greatest of the Onikawa fighters were in my reach. And so on my own I've made it so that this energy I hold is no longer a danger to myself and others." His eyes wandered along his arm as he continued to speak.

"I've always thought this power to be awesome, even if people didn't think it to be. How I became stronger and able for battle. I vowed to never to let the Onikawa name fall to the lowest of points. Well, that's another reason why I hold a grudge against the Akitoki, they call us Onikawa scum. That is the reason why I helped kick that pussy cat's ass!" I cracked a half smile at Yamanako; this kid is a true Onikawa. I wonder what my father would say about it though.

He's really going have his work cut out for him with such a stubborn kid. "So Master Miles, how exactly did you gain control of your power?" Now was my turn to tell my tale...

~Akira, on the outskirts of the capitol city~

The Legion... they are a strange group of people.....why would they swam out their organic parts for cybernetic ones? It makes no sense to me at all..... I fought off a large group of Legionaires as I dodged a missile shot by another one of the crazy bunch. My twin brother Akiro Jr. was taking out another large group using a makeshift grenade launcher.