Chapter I: The New Threat

The Legacy of Dixie: Darkness Abound

Mobotropolis.... It was a pristine city and the capitol of the Onikawa country of Isshin. It was completely destroyed in the chaos of the cataclysmic war that came to be known as the Revolution. Everywhere around the world, cities had to be rebuilt. The Onikawa, Shiryu, and Akitoki lost mush human life, with the Akitoki taking the heaviest losses, losing more than 75% of its population. Over the course of a year and a half, the Onikawa have rebuilt Mobotropolis, rechristening it as New Mobotropolis, more technologically advanced than before. It's a sleepy night in the capitol, nice and quiet.... Huh? Police cars race through the night after a mysterious figure!

~okay, play the music NOW! This is Banjo's official theme~

~Banjo~

It's been over a year since I've been in the capitol city! I've traveled around the world in my training; heck, I even missed my own birthday! It feels good to be back home, but I had this weird feeling that something was off... I jumped in between the large buildings to land on the rooftop of a 50 story building.

"Yeah! This is the Mobotropolis I remember!", I said. I looked up at the night sky and marveled at the star-lit sky. It was awe-inspiring... I wanted to return home and talk to everyone! I was about to head home when the sound of sirens broke through the stillness of the night.

"Huh? What's going on?", I asked myself. I decided to find out what was going on; the family will have to wait a bit longer. I jumped off the building and ran in the direction of the action.

The police had cornered a man in the middle of Hojo Park. They had him held at gunpoint and ordered him to surrender, but the man did not respond. He stood there motionless with his arms folded. He was tall, with short, spiky black hair, the darkest red eyes I've ever seen, and a black military uniform. Why did his presence feel so... familiar?

"If you don't surrender now, we will shoot!", a policeman yelled out. The man didn't respond or even flinch.

"Fine then! Men, open fire!"

The night sky rang with gunshots, and as I looked on from the roof of a building, I couldn't believe my eyes; the bullets passed right through him!

"Oh no, he's too powerful! Everyone, fall back, I repeat, fall back!" Before they could complete their retreat, the man pulled out a katana and slaughtered every policeman in sight! I was mortified that anybody could do this! The man was about to leave until I jumped from the building and stopped him.

"Hey, how about you try doing that to me?", I said.

"I knew you would show up sooner or later...", was all the man said before he charged at me with the greatest murderous intent in his eyes....

***Chapter one is short for a reason.... NOW YOU MAY VOTE!!! Speculate away!***