Chapter XX-A: The Race Through the Speed Highway: Miles' Breakthrough!

***Sorry for the short length of the chapter, but i have distractions which caused me to shorten it. When I do re-editing, I will combine the two parts into one. Hope everyone enjoys!***

The Race Through the Speed Highway: Miles' Breakthrough!

I flew off in hot pursuit of Amatatsu; he had gotten a little bit ahead of me, but I wasn't gonna give up yet! I chased after him and shot energy blasts at him in an attempt to slow him down. He dodge my attacks and threw energy blasts of his own; I vanished and appeared in front of him and we began exchanging blows across the skies. He slammed me down into the highway below and continued to fly off; I quickly got back up and chased him down.

"Do you really believe that you can stop me, Amatatsu Akitoki, the greatest field general to ever live?", Amatatsu smugly said. "You have no chance to beat my, cat boy! I am far too powerful for you to take on your own! Give up now!"

"I may not have the power my brothers or Dixie have, but I'm still strong in my own right! I-I'm gonna beat you Amatatsu!", I said with pride.

I chased after him, once again shooting energy blast at him in an attempt to slow him down, but Amatatsu put up and energy shield around himself, causing my shots to bounce off of him.

"How can her do that? That makes no sense at all!", I said, stunned that he even did that. "Guess I have no other choice but indirect tactics...."

I flew away from Amatatsu and took a lower route, one that I thought would get me to the rocket faster. I made sure to pour my energy into flying through to cut ahead of him. The buildings around the Speed Highway are huge; skyscrapers and markets littered the area and I have to maneuver around them to avoid running into them. When I emerged from the shortcut, I saw that Amatatsu was behind me; I celebrated silently as I continued my way to the missile.

"Damn you cat boy! How did you get ahead of me like?", Amatatsu spat. "It matters not; I will still reach the missile and kill you all! Stand down Miles and let  

destiny happen already!"

"Sorry Amatatsu, but I can't let you do that! I have to save everyone for the sake of my Lord Akiro Onikawa, Dixie, and especially my brother Banjo! I can't let you win here!", I said, standing my ground.

Amatatsu caught up to me and we began fighting in the air; Amatatsu grabbed me by the throat and pulled his free hand back, then he thrusted it for wad to impale my head, but I broke free and blasted him in the face.

"Amatatsu, I'm gonna show you why I am the dangerous one of the family. Allow me to show you a small glimpse of the power of the Prophet!"

The aura covered me as I blasted him with a huge energy wave. I flew away and I was just a small ways from the missile when Amatatsu flew behind me with all the speed in the world. I t was a race to the finish as I sped up more and he did too; it was neck and neck as both of us wanted to reach it. I barely beat Amatatsu to the missile and made sure it couldn't be reactivated. When I looked around, I noticed that there was a huge crowd of people around. Fear was painted on all of their faces as they looked at the enraged Amatatsu.

"I lost to Miles?!?! How could this happen! Everything is falling apart!", Amatatsu screamed. "Okay then Miles; if you want to save this pathetic city, then you must go through me! I'll kill you then blow up this useless city!"

Amatatsu began to transform into some sort of beast; he stood on four legs and had a large mane that erupted in fire. Everyone ran away in terror as Amatatsu walked towards me.

"Well Miles, you look so small down there; I could stomp you and not care at all!", Amatatsu said, taunting me about the fact that he now towered over me.

"I have to be strong, I have to be strong.... I won't let you win Amatatsu! I have to win; for my people and for my family!" I yelled. I charged my energy and prepared for the fight of my life....

***Miles has done a lot of growing up, but can he now defeat Amatatsu in his demon form? Find out in 20-B! Vote and comment please!***