Chapter Twenty-Two

"Deal," Thanos said. "Give me the stone." His voice was muffled as I became more distant from the physical world.

"You know my conditions."

All of a sudden, I felt a sudden weight pulling me back to Earth. It was like a magnet tugging me closer. The only thing was, I wasn't so sure I wanted to go with it.

The force was too much and something in me snapped. I was instantly connected back to my body, and I shot up with a gasp.

My mind was racing. I was confused. Where am I? What's going on?

"Lilith?" Something pulled my away and I began to breathe heavy. My eyes were darting around as fast as lightning. "Lilith, look at me."

My eyes focused in on a pair of dazzling green ones. I don't know why everything was so confusing, but my head was spinning.

Am I dead? What's happening?

"Lilith, you're alright. Calm down. Breathe." I looked at the eyes for a moment.

I know these eyes. I know that voice. I scanned the man in front of me as my mind processed. "Loki," I said. "Loki. Loki."

"Yes, darling. You're alright," he said again. His eyes became tearful, and he pulled me close to him. "You're alright," he said softly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

"Wh-What is? What happened?" I tried to remember, but I couldn't. Why couldn't I remember?

"Wh-What do you mean?" I tried to think back, but all I could remember was darkness and nothingness pulling me away.

"I don't know. What's—" I moved and felt something on my stomach. I sat up and saw a hole in my clothes with blood all around it. "What?" I furrowed my brows. Why couldn't I remember? What was wrong with me?

"Darling, you don't remember anything?" I stared at the wound. All of a sudden, random memories came back to me.

"I... I was stabbed? I was stabbed. I died. Didn't I?"

"Well, I thought you did. But—"

"Now give me the stone," a deep voice demanded. I looked over to see a giant purple man in front of a man dressed in robes and a cape.

The caped man opened his weird necklace and a glowing green stone floated out. "Stephen?" I asked my self. "Wh-What's he doing?"

"That fool," Loki mumbled. "He's giving Thanos the stone."

Thanos? Thanos. All of my memories with that demon rushed back to me. "No. He can't do that. No! Stephen stop!" I stood up to run over, but my weak legs collapsed beneath me.

"Lilith!" Loki came closer and wrapped his arms around me. "It's too late."

"No." I looked at the gauntlet. "Now he only needs one more." The green stone grew closer to Thanos. He took it and attached it to the metal glove.

A surge of power flowed through him and he smiled horribly. He waited a moment before disappearing.

"Why?" Someone asked. I looked over and saw... Tony. Tony. I remember him, too. "Why'd you do that?"

"There was no other way," Stephen answered. "We're in the endgame now."

"We have to get over there," I told Loki. I nodded and scooped me up in his arms. "Loki?" I asked as he walked us over.

"Yes, love?"

"I know things are shit right now, but there's a bright side to all of this." He looked down at me with a confused expression.