Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Brother, there you are," Loki said as we passed Thor in the hall. He dropped my hand to go over to him. It was strange to see Thor looking so casual. In fact, he almost looked as if he was homeless. His jacket was extremely loose, and he wore a beanie. Thor, the almighty god of thunder, wearing a beanie.

"Hello, Loki," he said dully.

"Are you all right?" Loki asked him.

"I'm fine." He was in a horrible mood. I walked over by Loki to see if I could at least try to make him feel better.

"Hey," I said. He nodded at me and began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Loki asked him. "We just started talking to you." Thor sighed and turned around.

"Thor, I'm sorry. Did we do something to offend you?" I asked.

"No, not at all."

"Then at least pretend you're happy to see us. We haven't seen you since we got here and I thought you might actually be pleased to see us. Whatever, if you're going to be a dick, then be a dick. I'm not going to deal with that." I turned the other way and began to walk.

"Lilith," Loki began.

"No, she's right. I shouldn't treat you like that. I apologize." I turned around to face him. "How are you? Is the wedding planning going well?"

"It's going somewhere," I said. "But that reminds me. I have a question for you. Since my dad is kind of... you know, and so is yours, I was wondering... Will you walk me down the isle?" His expression actually lightened up a bit.

"It would be my honor."

"Really? Oh, thank you so much!" I jumped over and wrapped my arms around his waist, squeezing the breath out of him. I heard Loki chuckle before I let go. "Thank you." Thor walked over to Loki and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm proud of you, brother. Mother would be, too." Loki looked taken by surprised. Thor turned to me. "Father would be proud, as well. He would be honored to have you become part of our family." I thought back to the day we found Odin on Earth. I remembered what he told me.

"Hello, my sons," he said. Loki looked at him with shock. "And, no doubt, my future daughter."

He had known what was coming. He knew, and he didn't object. I guess he approved.

"Thanks, Thor. That... That means a lot," I told him.

"I couldn't be happier for my brother. Take good care of him, Lilith."

"I will."

"I have to go. I hope I will see you soon." I waved at him as he walked away.

"Wait, Thor." He turned around. "Where's the kitchen?"

Thor guided us to the kitchen before leaving. I tried to memorize the way as best as I could. After Thor left, I began stashing snacks in my pockets.

"What are you doing?" Loki asked me.

"Getting snacks so I can eat them later."

"We know the way now so you can just come back whenever."

"Yeah, but maybe I don't want to. If you're not going to be useful, stash some food in your pockets, too. Just don't grab anything that has to be kept cold." Loki sighed, but he didn't object. He grabbed some food and put it in his pockets. "Okay, let's go."

We walked back to the room, and I dropped all of the food in the same drawer I had the last time. Loki came over and dropped his in, too. Then he just stared at the drawer for a moment.