Chapter Four

"Hello, Lilith," an unfortunately familiar voice said.

"No." It couldn't be him. It wasn't possible.

"That's no way to greet an old friend," he said.

"Fuck you, asshole."

"Your words never cease to wound me." A dark figure came into the light, revealing Thanos's hideous face. "So, lover boy survived."

My body tensed. I could feel my nails digging into my palms.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"Because, the once ruined puzzle is falling back into place, my dear."

I thought back to my dreams from years ago. I remembered the times he forced Loki to kill me, over and over again.

"No." His evil smile was the last thing I saw.

******

"Lilith, darling, I need you to wake up," a soft voice cooed.

I stirred, unsure of my surroundings.

"Loki?" I asked. My eyes opened to meet a pair of emerald green ones.

"Of course," he teased with a smile. His hand ran through my hair, and I realized my head was resting in his lap. "Are you alright, my love?"

"Yeah. Where are we? Who was that lady?"

"This is a planet called Sakaar. Somehow, many things end up here. That woman was some sort of recruiter."

"Recruiter? For who?" I sat up and leaned my head on his shoulders. I noticed that the room we were in was pretty full. It was filled with all sorts of alien party people.

"He is called the Grandmaster. He is... strange to say the least. But he has this contest," Loki explained. "I believe he calls it the 'Contest of Champions.' I have yet to witness it, but it is my understanding that she brought you in for him to enter in said contest."

"Oh," I said. "How come I'm here with you then?"

"Well, I have worked up my status with the Grandmaster for the last few weeks. I was able to convince him to leave you with me."

"Wait," I said as I sat up to look at him. "A few weeks? How the hell have you been here for a few weeks?"

"Time works differently here."

"Okay, I guess that makes sense," I told him. "But you've been using those weeks to boost your status?"

"Well, yes. But I have been looking for you. I swear, Lilith. I needed to stabilize my position here in order to safely find you."

"Right."

"I mean it. It worked, too, darling. I was able to get you out of this mess, wasn't I? You're here with me now."

"Yeah, I guess. But that's not important right now. We need to find Thor," I said.

"What? He's fine, I'm sure." I looked at him in disbelief.

"What the hell is wrong with you? We're finding your brother."

"Oh, alright."

"Loki," someone whispered. I turned to see Thor in some sort of a chair. "Loki!"

"I guess we won't have to look far," I said, smirking at Loki. He rolled his eyes as we got up to go to Thor.

"Shut up," Loki told him. I looked over to see an eccentric man and a masculine woman standing beside him.