Chapter Forty-Nine

{A/N} this chapter gets a bit iffy. Shouldn't be too bad but just in case.

"That was amazing," I told Loki as we walked into our room. "In fact, this has been the best day of my life."

"I'm glad you think so," Loki said as he stepped closer. He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "Would you care for one last dance?"

"I would love to." We just rocked back and forth for a moment, no music playing. We just had each other. It was just the two of us. Nothing to take our thoughts off of each other.

I closed my eyes and just let him hold me as we swayed. It was nice to just have a moment to ourselves.

"What now?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what do we do now? We've been busy planning the wedding recently. Now what do we do? We don't even know where to begin with Thanos." Loki stopped and turned me around to face him.

"We live our lives. We think about our future. But we also think about stopping Thanos. Until we get some sort of lead, though, we just live."

"Yeah, but-"

"Darling, I know you are concerned but that's all we can do right now. It's our only option." I hesitated for a moment.

"I know," I finally said. I looked up at him and smiled. "I also know that I'm ready to get out of this big dress." He chuckled before planting a kiss on my cheek.

"So be it. I don't think I would want to wear something like that all day either."

"Now I would pay to see that."

"It's a shame that will never happen."

"Aww, why not? I think you would look very pretty. You'd be a pretty princess."

"I don't think so. Besides, you already do such a fantastic job at that."

"What?"

"Technically speaking you are a princess now. Remember?" Oh shit. I had totally forgotten about that.

"Actually, I forgot." He smiled as he took off his jacket, revealing his tight shirt. "What I didn't forget is how handsome you are."

"How flattering," he said with a smile, looming over me. I smirked up at him before turning around.

"Will you undo the back?" I felt and heard him pull the zipper down. I instantly let out a sigh. The dress was a little tighter than I realized. Although, I think I always hold my breath a little when I wear dresses. "Thanks."

I stepped aside and out of the dress. I just put on the robe beside me on and hung up the dress neatly in closet.

I turned to see Loki wearing nothing but a pair of pajama pants. Damn, he already got me. My eyes traced over his every muscle. Gorgeous.

He noticed me staring and smiled. My eyes kept their focus. As he walked closer, my eyes moved up to his. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me even closer.

"Hello, love," he said as we moved towards the bed. He sat on the edge, making it easier for my face to meet his. I carefully crawled up on his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist. My arms went around his neck.

Our faces separated and pulled back together. I felt his hand on my face. It was cool to the touch.

I felt his hands move down to my thighs. He lifted me up as he stood and walked around the bed. He set me back down further up on the bed. He hovered above me as I lay on my back. I lowered my legs but my arms remained around him.

Loki untied the strap on my robe, pulling it wide open. He smiled down at me, apparently liking what he saw. I ran my hand across his chest, feeling every curve of his body.

Then we grew more eager, wanting more of each other. I pulled my arms out of the robe, pushing it aside. He rushed his hand down my arm. I hesitated for a moment, remembering what happened last time. My breath hitched and I knew he noticed.

"It's all right," he whispered. "You're okay." We continued what we had been doing, letting things escalate at their own pace. It didn't take too long to get him undressed, either.

One thing led to another and we before we knew it we were one. Just a single being alone in the universe. I was his, and he was mine.

"Time is running out," Thanos said. "You had better prepare yourself." It was back to pure darkness. I couldn't even see my own body. Just... nothing.

"What does that mean?" I asked him.

"Ready yourself, child. War is coming."

I woke up in a sweat. I felt myself breathing heavily. I hadn't even realized I had sat up until Loki put his hand on my arm, trying to pull me back down.

"What's wrong, darling?" he said groggily.

"He... he said..." I couldn't get it out. I don't know why, but what he said had scared me so much.

"What is it? You can tell me, Lilith."

"I-I... He..." Loki sat up and wrapped his arm around me and used his other hand to gently pull my face to look at him. I felt the fear in my eyes. Loki's own eyes grew concerned.

"Lilith? What is it? Is it Thanos? What has he done to you? Did he hurt you? I swear, if he hurt you I'll-"

"He warned me," I interrupted. "H-he said that I had to be prepared."

"What for?"

"For war." Loki's face became frozen. "He said that war is coming. Loki, what does that mean? What's he going to do?"

"I don't know, darling. I don't know." He pulled me closer, pulling my head to his chest. I listened to his wonderful heart beating away. "I swear, if he even touches you, he's dead. He should not even dare speak to you. He's lucky he's not already dead."

"Loki, don't. We know how powerful he is. I don't want something to happen and then you blame yourself. Trust me, it's horrible. Having the blame on you is absolute torture, even if it isn't your fault. I know what it's like. I've been there. Don't do that."

"I will protect you will everything I have. I do not intend to make promises I cannot keep."

"I know," I whispered. "I know."