Chapter Twenty-Seven

After hours of planning, and hardly I getting anywhere, Loki and I decided to call it quits for the night. We sat together on the bed, me leaning on him. It was stressful, especially after everything we'd just been through, but we both needed the distraction.

"Well, that didn't do much," I said. I closed the laptop that had been left in our room and pushed it aside.

"But it did give us a start, so I wouldn't call it completely useless."

"That is true. What will our colors be?" I asked. Loki sighed loudly.

"I thought we were done for now," he complained.

"Colors. Now."

"I don't know. What colors do you want?" I thought for a moment.

"Well, we both like green and black, so... green and black."

"Green and black it is. Now get ready for bed. It's getting late."

"Are there any extra clothes in here?" I stopped leaning on Loki so he could get up. He opened one of the drawers.

"Yes. Here." He tossed me a grey long sleeved shirt and a black pair of pants. "Looks like the only outfit in here," he said as he held up and identical but larger outfit.

"At least it looks comfy." I grabbed the clothes and stepped into the bathroom. After I changed into the clothes, I splashed my face with water. I needed a shower. I was still grimy from the fight. But I was too tired.

I'll shower later. I dried my face and looked at myself in the mirror. It had been a while since I saw my reflection. I looked myself over, mentally pointing out the noticeable differences. My mind began to wander as I looked at myself.

I remembered the night when I became a Valkyrie. My reflection had warped in the mirror, and my own damn reflection pulled me in. I had been to tired to call for help. I didn't want to wake up Elisa.

"Oh my God. I totally forgot."

"Forgot what?" Loki asked from the other side of the door. "Lilith, what's wrong?" I walked over and opened the door. Loki was standing right there, reaching for where the knob was.

"I forgot Elisa. She's probably been worrying her ass off about me. Last time I saw her was... was after you 'died'. Even worse, I promised her I would visit. I never did. God, she probably thinks I'm dead. Again. I'm such a horrible friend. Oh my God, what if she's dead? What if Thanos killed her, too? That bastard."

"Lilith," Loki said as he placed his hands on my shoulders. I stopped talking and looked up at him. "Calm down and breathe. We'll find out about her tomorrow, alright? For now, you need to get some rest. If she's still alive, we can visit her. Or at least get a message to her. Okay?"

"But—"

"Okay?"

"Yeah," I said. I wrapped my arms around Loki, squeezing him tightly. "I'm the worst."

"No, you aren't. If anything, she can blame me for it. In a way, it was my fault you stayed locked in my room."

"It was a nice room," I pouted.

"Yes, I suppose so. I noticed you wore my clothes, too."

"I didn't have any other clothes to wear." He brushed his hand through my hair. "I still can't believe you were pretending to be Odin all that time, and you never told me."

"Had I known how bad of an effect it truly had on you," he said, "I would have. But you knowing put you in danger. You could have gotten hurt." I pulled away from him.