Chapter Fifty-Five

"Hello," Thanos said.

"Damn, I still get haunted by you like this? That's bullshit."

"So, you're having a little one?" How the hell did he know that? That was none of his damn business.

"Why would you care?"

"I'm merely congratulating you, that's all."

"Yeah, sure." I though for a moment and realized I actually had a question for him. "Hey, is there any chance you're the one that put me in this damned coma? Or the last one?"

"Not quite."

"Okay, so what's the story there then?" I figured if I was going to be here I might as well make the most of it.

"Like I said before, you have a strong mind. Now, something else is there. Something is protecting you."

"So those little stunts were you just trying to get in my head? Brilliant." Brilliant? Who says brilliant? Maybe Loki was starting to rub off on me.

"Yes, I thought perhaps scaring you might work. It didn't."

"Gee, thanks."

"Well, I have other methods. I suppose I'll win this everlasting battle eventually."

"Sorry, but did you not understand yourself when you said 'everlasting?' That means never ending. So no winners. And as long as you don't win, then I call that a victory."

"Hmm, I suppose you are valiant. You would make an excellent addition to my team."

"Your team? As far as I'm concerned, your team is dead. You're the last one left and you don't have anyone on your side. Good luck fighting alone."