Chapter Twelve

Loki threw one of his daggers at Hela, barely grazing her face. She dashed towards us, ready to impale both of us. Before I knew it, Thor and the other Valkyrie were fighting alongside us.

"Mind if we join you?" Thor asked.

"Not at all," I replied. "But we definitely need a better plan than this."

"Agreed," the Valkyrie said.

"Okay," I said. "I know this is a really bad time, but do you have a name? I really don't know what to call you." She laughed as she dodged an attack from Hela.

"Well, everyone else has taken to just calling me Valkyrie." She shot Thor a look. "So I guess that works."

"Sounds good, Val." I heard her scoff but I didn't have much time to worry about it.

"Hulk help!" The Hulk jumped across the air above us and slammed into the bridge where Hela stood. They both fell into the water.

"Holy shit," I said. "What do we do now?"

"Hulk is strong, but he cannot defeat her alone. Like my father said, she draws her power from Asgard. That only leaves us one choice," Thor explained.

"Destroy Asgard," Loki and I said simultaneously.

"It finally makes sense. My dreams were not about stopping Ragnarok, they were about starting it."

"Brother, what are you rambling on about?" Loki asked him.

"The skull of Surtur, you must go retrieve it and put it in the Eternal Flame."

"Right." Loki began to jog away, but I grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"Loki, wait. I'm coming with you." He brushed his hand on my face.

"No, you need to stay here. Please, my love, do not fight with me about this."

"No," I said. "No. You don't argue with me about this. I'm going with you." His eyes were sad as they stared at me. Tears began to form, making them glimmer in the sunlight. He glanced over to something behind me before looking back at me with guilty eyes. "L-Loki? What are you—" He nodded and with the wave of his hand my body became weak. I began to fall, everything slowing down around me.

Valkyrie caught me and guided me safely to the ground. "I'm sorry, darling," Loki said as he placed a kiss on my forehead. "I love you." He stood up to run towards the burning palace.

"You... bastard," I managed to spit out.

"Take her to the ship," Thor said. I tried to shake my head but it barely moved.

"N-no," I whispered. Valkyrie scooped me up in her arms.

"I'm sorry," she said. "It's for your own good." My eyes grew heavy as my vision blurred.

"Bull...shit." Everything went dark and I was pulled into the black void of sleep.

******

"Loki!" His name was the first thing that came to my lips as I shot up.

"No, not Loki."

"Thanos, you son of a bitch! Show yourself! Or are you too afraid?" His laugh echoed through the nothingness.

"Afraid? Such an interesting accusation coming from someone like you?"

"What does that mean?"

"You are very afraid, but you call me out on my fear?"

"Yeah. You know why? Because I know I'm afraid. Hell, I'll admit it, too. I'm afraid. I'm scared. I'm scared for Loki. I'm scared for my friends. I'm even scared to die. But that doesn't mean I won't risk everything to save the people I love. But you? You're too afraid to even admit it."