Chapter Thirty-One

"Do you think you could help us?" Loki asked Bruce. Bruce stood there, still weary of even trusting Loki.

"Please, Bruce," I said. "I just need to know if she's alive." He looked at me and seemed more trusting.

"Alright. Give me a moment," he said. He went over to the computer and typed in Elisa's name. "Here's a few. Just scroll through and see if any of them are her."

"Thanks." I bent down to the screen. There were a lot of Elisas with the same last name. Luckily, they all had pictures beside them.

I found her picture about ten spaces down. I clicked her name. It loaded for a moment. Then it read in green letters:

Status: Alive

"Oh my God," I said with a gasp.

"What is it?" Loki asked.

"She's alive. She's alive!" I jumped up and latched on to Loki. I didn't mean to fully jump on him with my legs around him, but he managed to catch me anyways. He used to momentum to spin me in a circle before putting me back down. "I have to find her. Do you have any way to find her?" I asked Bruce.

"All I have is the information on that screen. Feel free to look through the rest of it, though."

"Thanks." I went back to the computer. It had all of the basic information except for where she lived. "Oh, come on." I scrolled down further and found he phone number. "Yes! Do you have any scratch paper?"

"Um, I have a pen," Bruce answered.

"Great. Can I use it?" He handed it to me. I shook it a few times and copied the number down on my arm. "Okay, I think I got all I needed. Thank you so much. It really means a lot. I owe you one."

"I-It was no problem. Just let me know if you need anything else." I nodded and grabbed Loki's hand.

"Come on!" I bursted out into a full sprint down the hall. I darted back to our room, dragging Loki behind me.

"Why are we running?" Loki asked as he stumbled along behind me.

"Because, I am the fucking worst, and I have to get there as soon as possible." I was in such a rush, I almost burst the door down. But I doubt I could have done that.

I rushed in and didn't even bother to shut the door. Loki did so gently, but I grabbed the phone instead. I dialed the number I had scribbled on my wrist and waited as it rang.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up. Come on," I said. The ringing stopped.

"Hello?" a familiar female voice said from the other side.

"Elisa?" I asked.

"Who is this?"

"It's me. It's Lilith."

"No, you can't be. Really?"

"Yes, it really is! God, I'm so sorry. I know I'm the worst. I'm so sorry. I... I found your number, and I called. I know you're probably really mad at me but—"

"Lilith, just shut up. Can I meet you? I haven't seen you in ages. Where are you?"

"I don't think I'm allowed to tell you but yeah, I can meet you. Where are you?"

We talked for a while. We decided to meet at the closest Starbucks and talk. I didn't tell her that I planned on bringing Loki with me. I also didn't tell her that I was engaged to him. I did tell her, however, that he wasn't really dead.

Loki sat there quietly, patiently waiting for us to finish.

"I can't wait to see you," Elisa said. "I thought something horrible had happened. I was afraid that you had, you know, died. And what happened with that whole people turning to dust thing? What was that?"