46. Rejected

Ruhaan's pov:

I said,"You mean to say I am her father?"

He said,"yes"

I am shocked is an understatement. Ruhaani is my daughter. My and Zara's daughter. Tears fell from my eyes. I fell on my knees. I don't deserve to be her father. I didn't do anything except for giving pain to them. I should have been with them. I hurt Zara so much. She went through everything alone. I destroyed her life. I am feeling so guilty right now. I can't stop myself from thinking what I said to her when we met alone for last time. I broke her heart. I have a daughter..I have a daughter.. I can't stop myself ftom crying..My shoulders shook..I have a beautiful family I was ignorant of that. I lost so many years of her life.

Arham sat beside me.. he placed hand on my shoulder and said,"You need to be strong. You can't be like this infront of Zara. She is already very scared for Ruhaani."

I said,"I just got to know I have a daughter and she has cancer."

He said,"I understand what you are going through but -"

I said,"You don't understand Arham. You have no idea what I am going through. How could you do this to me? Why didn't you tell me? What did you hide from me that Ruhaani is my daughter?"

He said,"Because Zara didn't want you to know. She took promise from that I would never tell you anything."

I said,"Why now? Is it okay to break her promise now. If it is okay then why didn't you tell me then?"

He sighed and said,"Ruhaan..you were married to Adira. That's what we thought then you actually married her. You can't blame Zara or anyone else for not telling you. After what you did to her what do you expect?"

I said,"You know why I did that"

He said,"I know but still what you did with her is not justifiable. Don't expect Zara to understand. She is very angry with you. Please be patient and don't hurt her more by your words.Take rest for a while. You need space to sink all the information."

He is right. It's too much take all in.

I tried to sleep but sleep to far away from me. I am so scared to even imagine what will be Zara's reaction.

Shahyan's pov:

I saw her in office today but she avoided me like plague. I can't believe she is the same girl who took extreme steps to marry me.

Saleekh was leaving today for India. J was helping him in packing his bag.

He said,"I don't understand both of you at all. I thought you were angry with her but today by her behaviour I think she is angry with you. What actually happened between both of you?"

I don't know how to tell him. He would kill me if he got to know what I told her before leaving India.

He said,"She even refused to stay with you. I mean I know she told us that sje wants to be with Zara in tough times but she is my sister, I know her very well. I can see through her that she was lying."

I said,"Don't worry. We will sort out."

He said,"You are not going to tell me what actually happened?"

I can't tell him.

He heard car horn and we know Zohaan is here to pick up Saleekh for Airport along with Asmara. I want to go with them but then she will be uncomfortable so I bid goodbye here itself. While Saleekh was sitting in her my eyes held her eyes for a second. I can see hurt and pain clearly in them.

Once they left my kind drifted off to the day I broke her heart with my words.

I informed her my decision of leaving for London for higher studies.

She was shocked and said,"You are going to leave me alone here. I am your wife."

I said,"I need to stay away from this place Asmara. After Aarzoo's death, I can't stay here. I will go crazy."

But her next words startled me.

She said,"I was right all along. You love her..don't you?"

I love Aarzoo..yes but as a sister..as a friend. I always wished her to be my sister-in-law. I knew she will be tge only one who can bring happiness in Arham bhai's life. We have unique bond even before she married Arham bhai because we accept each other even before the relation actually formed. For her Arham was only one she wanted to be her husband. She kind of accepted me as her brother-in-law. I accepted her as my sister-in-law even before she became Arham's wife. Many mistook this as my unrequited for her but no. I never saw her in that light. After her death, I have seen my brother crumble infront of my eyes. He wanted to be his support but he isolated himself from everyone. I can't do anything but be an spectator. I will go crazy with my helpless. I need to leave from here.

Asmara brought me out of my thoughts..she said,"Why? Don't habe the guts to accept it? But your silence is speaking volumes. I can't believe you harbor such feelings for your sister-in-law. You disgust me. Do whatever you want. Go to hell."

She left from there after saying this. If she can think so low about me then I have nothing to say. I never clarified anything to her. We never spoke after that. In this two years she never called me nor I called her but my heart accepted her as my wife no matter how much I deny it.

I know this because I got many chances to date a girl as I got lot of female attention in my college but I was not reciprocate the same. My heart stopped me saying I am cheating on her but I can't forget her betrayal. I just can't.

Zara's pov:

Arham pinged me saying he will be here soon along with Ruhaan. He reached London and will be in hospital in few minutes. I am so nervous to meet him again. I have mixed feelings towards seeing him again. I don't want to forget what he did to me. I will show him that I don't need him in my life. I have moved on.

I looked at Zubair who is with Ruhaani. He is very good with her. Ruhaani likes him a lot. They were talking and he is tickling Ruhaani making her laugh. His eyes met mine and he gave me a smile then he looked at Ruhaani told something in her ear then kissed her cheek. She nodded and he came towards me.

As Arham is bringing Ruhaan to the hospital. I brought Ruhaani with me and Zubair was there with me. He has not left my side from the time we got the reports.

He said,"What are you thinking?"

I said,"Nothing."

He said,"Don't worry. I talked with doctor. He told me that Ruhaani will be fine once the transplant is done. Hopefully her father's bone marrow matches with her. "

I said,"In Sha Allah it will."

He said,"So Arham is not Ruhaani's father. How you met her father?"

I said,"It's a long story I will tell you some other time."

He said,"from what I know he didn't know about his daughter and he got to know now So is there any chance you are getting back with him?"

I said,"He is married. We have no future together. I would have told him ever about Ruhaani but nothing is more important to me than my daughter now."

He smiled and said,"It means I still have chance. You know, right? Your family also approves of our relation. Only your approval is pending."

I sighed and said,"Please don't wait for me Zubair. I don't want to marry anyone ever. Ruhaani is enough for me."

He said,"Don't say never. I will change your mind for sure."

I didn't hear whatever he is saying when my eyes fell on Ruhaan who entered hospital along with Arham.

Hope you are enjoying :)