35. Slice of truth

Ruhaan's pov:

I came out of my room. I was sitting on swing in the back yard. I don't know what to do? I can't lose Zara again. I know how I lived without her and I don't want to go through it again. I was existing but was not living. These two weeks with her I felt so alive. I should start from telling truth to Zara. I don't know if she will believe me or not but I should start from somewhere. I can't do this without her.

I felt presence of some so I turned around but I was surprised to see Zara standing there.

Her eyes widened when she looked at me and said,"I didn't know someone is here. I will come later."

I said,"I want to talk with you. Please listen to me."

She said,"We have nothing to talk about."

I was about to go when I said,"I didn't marry Adira."

She stilled at her place.

I said,"Zara I know it's hard to believe but trust me I am not lying"

She turned around and walked towards me.

I said,"What do you mean by You didn't marry Adira?"

I said,"Let's sit and talk. I will tell you everything."

She reluctantly sat beside me.

I said,"Zara I never left you on our wedding. I was kidnapped. I am not sure who? Why? I only remember that I was getting ready. Someone knocked on the door. I opened it and some one who was wearing black clothes and mask placed handkerchief on my nose. I think that was chloroform as I lost consicious. I didn't abandon you. I love you Zara. I would never do that to you. "

She was staring at me without saying anything.

I said,"Say something please. I know it's hard to believe but This is what happened."

She said,"Why didn't you come back? Two years Ruhaan..what were you doing for two years?"

I said,"When I woke up I was in hospital in California. I don't remember anything. Why I was there? Who took me? What happened to me? I was badly injured. Adira was my nurse. She told me I was consicious for a month. I got to know you are married to Arham. I thought of coming back after I recover but I got to know you are pregnant. I don't want to break your house. I don't want you to feel guilty. I always wished for your happiness. That's why I never came back but I don't know how Aarzoo found me and insisted that I attend her marraige. I got scared. Everyone will ask questions from me but I don't remember anything so I asked Adira to act as my wife. I lied to all of you."

She started beating me with her hands saying,"Idiot, fool, how could you? You don't know what I have gone through in this two years..I hate you..I hate you.."

I hugged her to me and said,"I am sorry."

She was crying. I don't know how to console her.

After sometime she calmed down snd we just stayed in each other arms in silence. After sometime we went to her room.

When I entered the room Both of them glared at me.

Aarzoo said,"What are you doing with him, Zara?"

Zara said,"Actually we reconciled. I want to tell you something important."

She told them everything I told her.

Aarzoo said,"you mean to say Adira is not your wife and she is not pregnant."

I said,"She is not pregnant and I never touched her but officially we are married."

All of gasped and Zara looked at me as I betrayed her.