My girls ran to the counter to pay and I shook my head. Xavier's news hit me hard, that was for sure, but that didn't made me feel less guilty about them paying everything so far. The dresses I had picked out were extremely expensive, but the girls didn't seem to care about their poor bank accounts. While they were paying, news on the television drew my attention.

            "And now about the famous writer Xavier Montgomery from London, but known world wide for his stunning appearance, charm and intelligence. He's been in every paper we know and social media are exploding. Our sources saw him looking incredibly ill in a wheelchair this morning in the-"

            "Come on!" Valentina pulled me out of the salon before I could hear all the news lady had to say about Xav. "Don't listen to that shit, the news sucks."

            "They saw him this morning in a wheelchair," I said, "I wonder where he's off to."

            "Probably a wheelchair race with his buddy from the hospital or something," Valentina said, "the one innocent Rosie has had sex with."

            "Beau," Lily-Rose said, "his name is Beau and I'd totally see them doing that. You've seen them at Xavier's surprise party, right? Those two together are like two pre-teenage monkeys. Such boys."

            "I know, I laughed my ass off," I chuckled, "they are so funny together. I didn't know Xav was capable of making friends. I thought the only purpose for socializing was to get either his dick sucked or to manipulate someone for his own success."

I didn't quite realize that Xavier was going to be gone in a month and maybe that was better; I wouldn't think too much about it or act differently when he was the subject.

            "Well... That's a way to look at your boyfriend," Valentina said.

            "You two aren't really good at expressing your love for each other, are you?" Rosie giggled and gave me a little push.

            "What would you rather hear? Me roasting him or constantly drooling over how incredibly handsome, smart and perfect he is?" I asked, where after I pushed Lily-Rose back, but a little too hard. She bumped into a man who immediately held her tightly and smiled at her. As cliché as it sounds, they seemed to see fireworks when they looked in to each other's eyes. I looked over at Valentina who frowned at them, but soon after started grinning.

            "They also call me cupid," I whispered.

Lily-Rose unexpectedly harshly pushed herself out of the man's grip and looked at him with a furious expression covering her cute face. She raised a finger – and when she raised a finger you know shit was going to get real.

            "Dan," she hissed, "how many times do I have to tell you to not fucking touch me. I swear to God, touch me one more time and I'll replace your teabags with my used tampons!"

            "I'm gonna use that one," Valentina whispered into my ear which caused us to burst out in laughter.

            "Just give me a damn chance!" The man was basically begging her, but Rosie wasn't one who'd give in easily – she sure was a handful of a woman. "Stop playing hard to get and just go out with my once, I know you like me too."

            "Dan, listen closely, I'd rather date a dickless rat and I like Donald Trump more than I like you."

            "Shit," I whispered to Val, "this guy's going to cry tonight. How do they even know each other? My timing was absolutely perfect, not."

            "He's either going to cut off his dick and dress like a rat or fake-tan his skin orange to get Lily-Rose," she responded, "and Rosie told me about a guy named Dan before, he stalked her in high school or something."

The man's friends glanced at us and took the rebellious fella with them. Once we started walking again, we all burst out in laughter because of the previous event.

When I arrived at my apartment, I thought of how weird Lily-Rose and Valentina had been acting, especially when they said goodbye. Have fun at home. I could still visualize Val's mischievous smile which probably was going to haunt me for a long, long time. I opened the front door and directly acknowledged the smell of something very familiar. Someone very familiar. I tried to shake the thought off, but the further I walked into my apartment, the stronger the scent got. It was Xavier's cologne that had established its existence in my mind for it to be remembered any time I smelled something somewhat resembled.

And there he was, the handsome Devil himself. To my big surprise, he was sitting behind a piano in the middle of my living room. My jaw dropped onto the floor, not only because it was actually him who was sitting there, but also because he had hair.

            "Surprise, love!" Xavier yelled enthusiastically when he saw me, "Woah, woah, woah, you look so different. Did you have a nose job or something, lip fillers perhaps?"

I raised my middle finger at him and he started grinning, where after I dropped my bags onto the floor and ran towards him. Once I was close enough, I wrapped my arms around his small body and hugged him tightly as if it was the last time I'd be able to feel his skin against mine. He laughed charmingly into my ear and kissed my cheek. Shivers ran down my spine and made me realized how much I had missed him. I sat down beside him and looked at him, still surprised.

            "I have many questions, but first of all, the hair?" I ran my fingers through his coupe, admiring the fact that it looked exactly like his actual hair.

            "They gave me a wig and fake eyebrows. Now I can finally snatch my wig." He ran his own large hands through the wig and shrugged.

            "That's not how it works," I said while laughing.

            "I tried to impress you with my poor knowledge of women slang." The corners of his mouth curled up, until he looked deeply into my eyes. Without hesitation, he gently grabbed my face and slowly leaned in to build up passion and despair. I could not wait to feel his lips against mine, taking me back to all the good memories we shared. Any time Xav kissed me, it felt like my first time, because this man certainly knew how to use his tongue only to please a woman.

After what felt for hours, he finally connected our lips and intimately started moving them against mine. His hands traveled down to my waist where they tightly held me, showing me that he had missed me too, because of the way he wanted to feel every inch of my coated skin underneath his finger tops.

            "I love you, you doofus," he quietly said against my lips, rasp and British accent in his voice ever-so audible.

            "I love you too, Montgomerwhore."

And after that, well...

Autumn Leaves & Pumpkins Pleaseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें