Chapter 21

-ASHLEYS POV-

Jake drove back to the rehab center.

the car ride filled with silence the whole way there.

I got out of the passengers seat and expected for him to be walking right behind me, but he wasn't.

"are you coming?" i asked stepping out of the car.

"erm.. my sister told me she needs me to uh, help her pack her things. I'll uh, text you about our date tonight. see you later babe" he stammered and drove off, leaving me with a confused look on my face.

 I shrugged it off and went up to my dads room.

I found him sitting on his bed watching some reality show. 

For once it looked like he was a normal person, he had showered and shaved, and was wearing clean clothes.

"hey dad" i said smiling towards him to give him a hug

"hello sweetheart" he answered taking me in his arms.

 a sudden aroma filled my nose, and it wasnt the smell of his aftershave..

"have you been drinking again?" i asked him taking a few steps back.

anger suddenly overtook him.

"yeah? so what? you think keeping me here is going to help me? well you're wrong." he said, his voice booming around the small room.

i was shocked.

"so you've been pretending to be fine?!" i sort of yelled, which was a bad idea.

"DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME ASHLEY. THANKS TO YOU IM STUCK HERE. GET OUT. PACK YOUR STUFF AND LEAVE." he screamed, taking his hand and slapping my face again.

just as hard as last time.

in the same place.

tears quickly filled my eyes, but i blinked them away trying to hold them in.

i turned away from him and quickly packed my small bag and rushed out the door without even looking at him.

i ran down the hallway and past the lobby running out into the street and taking a seat near the sidewalk.

I pulled my knees up to my chest.

and thats when i buried my head in my hands, and let my tears come crashing down.

i thought i was helping my dad.

i thought i was being a good daughter.

i thought i could actually have a dad, for once.

the worst part was that i actually thought he was getting better.

but i was wrong.

he was never going to change.

and i needed to accept that.

-NIALLS POV-

Harry went out to get coffee, so i decided to walk to nandos and get the lads something to eat. including myself of course.

halfway there, i remembered nandos is near the rehab center ashley's dad was staying at.

i thought it was a pretty good time to apologize to her.

after all, what I did was terrible and I should have never done that..

i picked up my pace and i was soon at the rehabs entrance, when something caught my eye.

i see a person curled up into a ball with a small duffel bag right next to them.

i got closer and realized it was a girl.

a girl with blonde hair, wearing a polka dotted dress i had gotten her as a gift..

it was Ashley.

i ran and kneeled down beside her

"Ashley, its Niall.. are you okay love?" i whispered as she looked up at me

-ASHLEYS POV-

"Ashley, its Niall.. are you okay love?"

i looked up and Niall was staring back at me, his blue eyes waiting for me to start talking.

"erm, im fine. dont worry" i said my voice cracking at the end.

"Ash, ive known you for a long time now and i know you're not fine when you say you are" he says softly, his breath tickling my neck.

even though i was mad at Niall for following me and pretty much hitting on me even when i said i wasn't interested, i told him everything.

i mean i was mad at him but i still trusted him?

i finished telling him my problems and started sobbing in the crook of his neck.

he wrapped his arms around me and started caressing the skin on my back

"Ash, im so sorry. about everything. about not backing off and giving you space, and following you here. i mean, i was just so worried i dont know what came over me. please just come back to the flat and give your dad some space. we'll come back when the doctors say hes better. sound good?" Niall spoke in my ear.

i gently shook my head no.

"no thank you.. i guess i'll just ask nick if i can stay with him for a while.."

Niall frowned, and took my face in his hands, gently lifting it up to meet him eyes.

"Ashley, i know i am in no place to make you come back home with me.. but im BEGGING you to come back. its not the same without you. first Andrea, then you.. please come back. the boys miss you. I miss you.." he whispered, his minty breath hitting my face.

I blinked and imagined Niall leaning in to kiss me..

wait..

i wasnt imagining that...

he was leaning in to kiss me!

i saw him leaning in slowly.. i hesitated at first, but then did something i would have never thought of doing..

i leaned in faster, smacking both of our lips together.

-so what do you guys think of Nashley??

comment your opinions!

sorry I took so long to update, school started so I will be updated mostly on Tuesdays and Fridays.

VOTE COMMENT AND FAN

love you all :)

-kristin valerie xx