Chapter 18

-ASHLEYS POV-

I slowly woke up.

things werent turning out as they had planned.

I had a lot of stuff on my mind, with my dad and all.

I opened my eyes and saw Niall humming some song.

"jesus Niall you scared me" I said, pushing him so I could go to the bathroom.

he grabbed me by my waist.

"Niall let me go I need to go to the bathroom" I snapped and he instantly let go.

I ignored the awkwardness and went to the bathroom.

I grabbed my pink light washed high waisted shorts and a white ruffly top.

I stepped into the hot shower and started scrubbing my body with my victoria secret body wash and thenstarted washing my hair.

I hopped out of the shower and pulled the towel into my hair so it could dry.

I quickly changed into my clothes and let my dirty blonde hair flow down my back.

I went downstairs for some breakfest, the boys would definetly be home since it was saturday.

I would be going to see my dad today..

"you look beautiful today" Niall said kissing my cheek.

I slightly nodded and walked past him to get some food.

I pulled out the sour patch kids and got a few weird stares.

"alright. I'm off. dont wait up!" I said stuffing a few in my mouth before throwing them back in the cabinet.

"wh-where are you going?" Niall asked, worry written across his face.

I turned away and rolled my eyes. 

"Niall, Im going out. your not my mom, and im not a little kid" I snapped grabbing my keys.

he grabbed my wrist, tightly but not tight enough so it wouldnt hurt me.

but it still made me flinch and shut my eyes.

he looked me in the eyes.

"look, Im just worried. you havent been yourself since yesterday" he whispered.

I pulled myself out of his grasp and walked out the door.

I was going to see my dad, and I knew he drank to much to even be sober but at least I would get to see him where he was trying to get better, and Im glad I got him there.

-NIALLS POV-

"hey Lou can I borrow the car?" I asked.

I needed to follow Ashley to wherever she was going.

something was up with her and I needed to find out what that was.

"yeah mate, here ya go. dont do anything stupid yeh?" he asked tossing me the car keys.

I nodded and waited for Ashley to pull out of the drive way before I hopped in the car and started the engine.

the car ride was extremely long, I started wondering where she was going that was so far away.

finally she pulled into a.....rehab center?

I let her walk in and then I quickly stepped out, making sure she wouldnt see me..yet.

she started talking to the lady at the counter and then walked towards the elevator.

"hi, I'm here to see Ashley Bale. she isnt a patient, shes seeing a patient, but I forgot what room she told me to go to" I said nervously.

"umm im not sure im aloud to do that..Mr-"

"Horan. Niall Horan" I corrected her.

"oh...well in that case, shes in room 203" she said handing me a sheet of paper, I thought it was a visitors pass but instead it was, what looked like her phone number.

I ignored her winking and slipped it in my pocket.

I walked to the elevator, going to the second floor.

why the hell was Ashley in a rehab center...

I walked to the room 203, not going inside but standing by the door enough to see who was inside and what they were saying.

"I only did this to help you" I heard Ashley say.

"well your not helping ANYONE get over yourself!" a man said, and then I heard a slap. I started backing up.

"dad please stop" Ashley said, her voice shaky.

I knew she would be leaving soon.

I could tell because her dad wasnt answering.

I heard footsteps..

I ran to the elevator and tried to get out of that place as fast as I could without her seeing me.

it wasnt fast enough I guess.

once I was in the elevator the door didnt close fast enough and she came in also.

I hid my face in the corner.

"level 1 plea- NIALL?!?" she shouted.

damn. how was I going to make an excuse about this.

I nodded, fiddling with my fingers not looking her in the eye.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" she yelled

"Ashley..I can explain" I lied..

there was really no way to explain, she folded her arms across her chest.

"ok. I'm waiting" she said.

"look I was worried about you so I fo-" I started saying but cutting myself off because it sounded extremely stupid.

"so you decided to follow me. FOLLOW ME." she shouted, as the elevator opened she stormed out.

"Ashley please wait up!!" I said.

"what do you want Niall. do you understand that you followed me here" she said.

she turned her face, and I could see the red marks of where her dad hit her.

I still didnt understand what had happened.

I thought her dad was never home, why was he in a rehab center and why was he hitting her?

"and YOU lied to me. about your dad!" I said

"SO YOU WANTED ME TO TELL YOU THAT MY DAD HAS BEEN ABUSING ME FOR 13 YEARS AND YESTERDAY I BROUGHT HIM HERE, AND I WANTED TO CHECK UP ON HIM AND HE SLAPPED ME. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED ME TO TELL YOU" she shouted, her voice cracking at the end.

"Ashley Im so sorry..I..I didnt know...." I stuttered.

"just....leave me alone Horan" she said.

Horan...people only called me by my last name when they were ACTUALLY mad at me..

"Ashley Im sorry, please dont be mad at me" I said, but she was already in her car.

slamming the door in my face.

I cant believe she was mad at me for caring....

I mean it was kind of weird that I followed her, I get it but still...

she would never forgive me now.

A/N - this was a fun chapter to write :)

finally over 300 reads! thanks so much to everyone.

COMMENT, vote, fan, love you all! - kristin valerie