I woke up feeling the happiest I've ever felt. I got up, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and made my way out to the kitchen. With a small skip in my step, I walked to the table and took a seat. Hop was cooking some bacon and eggs.

"You seem happy." he says with a small smirk on his face. "I am." I say confidently. "Today I'm going to the movies with Mike." I state with a small smile. A rosy blush appears on my cheeks as I look down.

"So that's why you're so happy." Hopper says as he comes to the table with our plates of breakfast in hand. I nod happily and start to eat my food. After I finish I decide it's about time I get ready.

"May I be excused?" I ask politely. "Yeah, kid. You can go." he says with a smile on his face. As I'm leaving the table I can hear him let out a chuckle. I made my way back to my room to pick out an outfit.

Mike said that I would want to wear something comfortable because we would be sitting for a couple of hours. I excitedly made my way to my closet, already having an idea of what I wanted to wear.

I decided on a pair of high-waisted, light wash jeans, and I rolled up the cuffs a bit. I wore these with an old Star Wars shirt of Mike's that I may or may not have stole after he let me borrow it, tucking the shirt slightly into my pants. To finish the outfit, I wore my beat up white high top converse with a pair of tube socks with two blue stripes at the top. I scrunched the socks down to the top of my shoes and I decided the look was ready.

I had seen girls around my age wear this type of stuff on tv and it looked quite good in my opinion. All I had to do now was hair and makeup. Mike says I don't need makeup to look pretty because I'm already beautiful without it. So, I simply apply a light layer of mascara and a layer of my strawberry lipgloss. I slip the tube of gloss into my pocket, just Incase I need to reapply. I combed through my chestnut curls and I was out the door.

I made my way back out to the kitchen. "Hop?" I ask nervously. "Yeah, kid?" he asks. "Do I look okay?" I ask. He turns around and stops. I sit in anticipation, waiting for him to say something. "I'll go change." I say as I start walking away. Maybe it didn't look as pretty as I thought.

"Wait, kid. Come back here." I turn around and make my way over to Hopper. He pulls me into a hug. "You look beautiful, kid." he says as he scruffs my hair softly. "Thank you." I say with a bashful smile on my face.

I hope Mike thinks so too.

Hopper doesn't want me and Mike out too late so he suggested that we leave the cabin at 3:00 or 4:00. We decided that around 3:30 would be good. I have been watching tv for a while now and Mike should be here any time now.

After about ten minutes of waiting, there was our secret knock on the door.

Knock. Knock. Knock.
Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.
Knock. Knock. Knock.

I hurriedly make my way over to the door, unlocking the door with my mind and swinging it open to be faced with none other than my beautiful boyfriend, Mike Wheeler.

I can see that he's taking in my appearance with a look of what I can only describe as love. "You look...you look—" he's at a loss for words and I decide I'll finish for him. "Pretty?" I say batting my eyelashes up at him.

"Yeah, pretty. Really pretty." he says breathlessly. He finally steps through the door and pulls me into a hug. Hopper comes back out and we separate.

"Remember, kid. Be safe and have fun." he says while giving me one final hug. "I will. Thank you." I say. "No problem, kid. But I think you should be thanking that boyfriend of yours." he says discreetly pointing to Mike. I turn around and give Mike a smile as I see the prettiest blush cover his cheeks.