starcourt

a/n: hey guys! I don't know where this idea came from it just popped into my head one day in math class. anyways I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think! check the a/n at the bottom for more information:)

I don't know why but I've been really interested in using "main pov/third person" lately so I hope you don't mind. I also use mike's pov a lot because I just love writing his dorky lovesick character but I'll try to switch it up soon:)

Main POV

A new mall has recently opened up in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana.

Starcourt Mall.

The shopping place has become the new, ultimate hang out place for the teenagers of Hawkins. As well as adults and children. Starcourt was the place everyone went.

El had been to the mall a few times. She'd gone a couple times with Nancy and Max, and a couple other times with the whole party, but never with Mike and Mike only.

The planned excursion took some serious convincing from El to get Hopper to agree, assuring that she would stay safe and would be on her best behavior. After many days of the small girl begging to go with her boyfriend, her father finally gave into her arguing and pleading.

El soon after told Mike of how she convinced Hopper to let her go and they were both extremely excited for some time alone together.

They loved their friends and family, and getting to spend time with them, but they still loved time alone too. It was hard to find time by themselves ever since all of the conflict in 1984.

It was now the summer of 1985 and they couldn't be any more happy to have a day together, just the two of them.

When they were alone they could hold hands without Hopper staring daggers into their intertwined fingers. They could sneak small kisses and give each other as many hugs as they wanted without the party complaining and making fake gagging noises.

They could be a couple.

Not that they weren't a couple all of the other times, but it was easier for them to act how they wanted to when they were alone.

Mike and El had planned to meet at the mall. Mike riding over on his bike and Hopper dropping El off at the building.

When the day of the date had come, Mike and El met at the entrance of the mall.

Mike's POV

I paced back and forth in front of the new mall. Teenagers were rushing in and out as I waited for El. I don't know why I was so nervous. We had gone on dates before and there was nothing to worry about.

The sound of a car engine pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see the police cruiser. I could see that Hopper was still talking to El, probably giving her a review of the rules and precautions.

I waited for El to step out of the vehicle before walking over to her slowly. I gave her an awkward wave as I squinted my eyes to block them from the bright sunlight. She gave a small wave back, adding a skip in her step as she made the rest of the way towards me.

As soon as she was close enough, she pulled me into a hug. Wrapping her arms tightly around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her tight against me.

As we pulled away I placed a kiss on her cheek, a blush appearing on both of our faces. "Hi, El." I say as I link our hands together instead. "Hi, Mike." she said back softly as she tightened her fingers around mine.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask as we start walking to the entrance. "Yep!" she says as she bounces on the balls of her feet.

We entered the mall, deciding that we should get something from the food court first. We got our food, sitting down to eat and talk about what had been going on in our lives for the past couple of days.